I love the media

dazzafact

Daily Mail headline "A class of their own: The family with 11 children who turned to home schooling"

Daily Mail headline "Jobless couple with 12 children are given a £500,000 home"

It's not for me to question The Daily Mail, but why the hell would you put one family on a pedestal due to their hard work in bringing up a family of soon to be 12, and ostracize another for doing exactly the same. Apart from the obvious "chavvy names" which seems to indicate a family's desire to bleed our nation dry, I imagine there isn't that much difference.

Jenn

Novice Member
They don't mention whether the home school family is getting an absurd amount of benefits to sit at home with the children but they do say that the father makes a living as a musician and that he saved up in his previous job which is a bit different from the other dad who doesn't go to work because he would get less money than on benefits while still using the state provided education (which means he's not doing much all day).

Obviously with only part of the information given we can only judge by what we know and may be far from the truth.

Setenza

Novice Member
Why bother reading articles in the Daily Mail?

Everyone knows their bias and their agenda?

It's like complaining that a flea bit you. It's what they do.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
:D

So true, so true!

I don't remember the Mail always being that way, but certainly a few years ago they seemed to take on the mantle of the champion of British values and morals as seen through their blinkered outlook. I didn't complain, I just bought the Times instead.

dazzafact

Why bother reading articles in the Daily Mail?

Everyone knows their bias and their agenda?

I was on the train yesterday and picked the papers up that were left on the seat next to me, I chose the mail over the sun. And I have to say that it is the first time I have ever read the Mail. A Daily Sport person mesel.:D

WibXL

dazzafact

Maybe that was just a euphemism for being on the fiddle? :)
It is. A friend is a bona fide musician/studio techie/teacher/youth worker and he was given a lot more time with benefits than a joiner or similar would've got. Especially up here in the north where they still bang bin lids for musical pleasure.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom