1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-Link / Panasonic DMR-ES10 vs Sony RDRGX210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by madrid 2005, Aug 2, 2005.

1. madrid 2005

madrid 2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise on which of the above 2 DVD players I should purchase? I do not want a HDD recorder, and am attracted by the Panasonic's flexible record facility and DVD RAM. I am also aware of other users' difficulties with the Sony's RGB input.

However, I am a camcorder user and note that only the Sony has the i-Link input.
    I do also have a home computer with DVD recorder - does the i-Link feature on the Sony (or any other) DVD recorder offer any advantages / capabilities which a home computer DVD recorder does not?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    No - and many camcorder users prefer using a PC as they can add effects, import as DV to enable accurate editing prior to converting to DVD-Video compliant MPEG2 etc. The editing on DVD recorders is really designed for commercial removal - not camcorder creations.

That said these DVD recorders are not the only two in the world :) Checout the iLink equipped Hitachi DV7000E for example.