I like to collect DVDs

Backspace

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm a movie nut and I've collected 900+ movie DVDs so far. I also have a bunch of TV seasons too I found at my local thrift store (there's more but I'm broke!).

I've been collecting them from pawn shops, thrift stores and Walmart bargain bins.

Why would I have all that? I am hearing impaired and all the DVDs I picked up have cc/SDH on them. Back then on TV and at the movies there wasn't any so I missed out a lot. Nowadays cc are more available on TV but not always.

I guess you can call this my blast from the past. :D

I'm not hearing impaired, but I find cc too distracting - if it's what I think it is, as well as subtitles you also get a description of the type of music being played or things like "door slams" etc.
I have no problems with ordinary subtitles though.

It's very rare that they'll include sound FXes but yes, some have it.

Have you looked at the Amazon Marketplace? Looks like shipping is a bit more expensive in America but does look like there are some bargain boxsets :)

I've bought some there, for the titles I'm not going to find elsewhere. I wanted to add them to my collection and what I like about them is that they're not being shown anywhere. I have a lot of favorites in there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom