I know...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by activeservo, Apr 12, 2003.

1. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is an old dvd player but I would be interested in reading any views/opinions you have on the "Toshiba SD-2109"DVD Player!!Thanks in advance.:smoke:

2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Tosh SD2109 was the first DVD player I had & the picture & sound quality on it still beats some of the newer competition today imo.

The only reason I changed was because it was a R2 only machine & would have been too expensive to chip it. It still does a fine job as my bedroom DVD player.

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, when I bought my first player (way back in 1997/98) it was a toss up between this and a samsung 709. I believe the picture quality was about the same, but I went for the samsung as it did ntsc to pal 50 and I didn't have a ntsc capable tv.

I still use it now, and would agree that the pq is still better than a lot of modern players. Build quality still feels better.

I regreted not going for the tosh when the dual layered disks appeared (the 709 then decided to live in stutter city until I updated the eprom). Its been multiregion since the day I bought it, never refused to play a rce title, allowed perfect backups of my dvds to my e30 (guess it was made before cgms was introduced) and didn't even know what macrovision is :)

Pitty it doesn't play cdr freely or dvd-r or It would still be at the heart of my av set up!

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have a Toshiba SD-2109 it is excellent. :smashin:

5. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and I love it .It's multiregion, beautiful sound and picture ,not to bothered about it not being able to read cd-r/rw etc.Got round the RCE dvd issue by using a simple remote hack.{on the world map screen press memory ,Title 1 and play and away you go}.Glad to here you guys are or were pleased with yours .Feel good about my purchase. :D :D :cool:

6. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    This a review of the SD-2109 around the time of its launch. It seemed to do quite well !!

Toshiba SD2109 Review

7. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    US version of the SD-100E by the looks of it.

8. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Nathan, The SD2109 is in fact a UK model, as is the 100E, the differences between the 2 are that the 100E has a different remote control & a digital optical out on the rear, along with an S-video connector.

9. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a component output {which is what I'm using, with a Monster component cable} an s-video and the usual composite .It's a kind of brushed gold/silver finish and I love it!!!!:D :D