I know you hate us, but another newbie Q!!!

spidermanalf

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read through lots of threads but just need some advice from the men on the street!!!

I have 2 grand to spend on a TV, and I would like it to include a warranty of some sort (pref a 5 year one so if I put a joypad through it I can get it repaired)

I have seen some of the Tosh's and Thomson Scenium and a coupke of Sonys, but what do you guys reccomend.

It will be used for DVDS and normal TV viewing, and it will be hooked up to an amp, so not too fussed about it having a million speakers with it!!! (Occasional Game usage, but not often, 28" is going upstairs to the 'games room' a tv on a stand with a chair, where the girlfriend will lock me away)

Hope you can help, as the cash is burning a mighty hole in my pocket!!!

Cheers

Originally posted by spidermanalf
I have seen some of the Tosh's and Thomson Scenium and a coupke of Sonys, but what do you guys reccomend.

Hi,

In the past I have had the Sony 36" FS70, had no problems with it at all, then moved on to RPTV and bought a Thomson 44" RW65US, sadly this set and 3 others sent as replacements had a grey bar fault, I have no idea if this has been sorted on the replacement models the RW67US and others models that are now available. The picture was very good on dvd and sky, the set had a few useful features as well. It was very well built and it was a good looking set.

I now have a Toshiba 56" and so far no reported problems, much prefer this to the Thomson, colours are more natural and even though it's a bigger screen the PQ is much better.

Don't think you will go far wrong with Toshiba, there are plenty of models to choose from, if you are connecting up to an amp then a nicam stereo set should be all you need, this will cut out any unnecessary features keeping the price down, hopefully you should get a decent set with the 5yrs warranty for £2k.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom