I just recieved my KV32FX66 but..

• Thread starter CarlosTheJackel
  • Start date
C

CarlosTheJackel

I can't seem to stop a sort of blurring in detailed parts of the screen. Anything with fine detail seems to have a blurring type effect especially if moving. Its like a water/ripple effect! Anyone know how to sort this? Its not on a small scale either. Apart from that the TV's a beaut, some buzzing from the back, but the fact i read it on hear before hand didn't help Hopefully i wont notice it after a while.

I've just got one of these and had the same probs.What picture setting are you on? I found the effects you are reffering to only in 'Live mode' try changing to either personal or Movie mode this should sort it.....it did for me anyway...... the live mode uses loads of colour and distorts the picture. ;)

Originally posted by ryanos
I've just got one of these and had the same probs.What picture setting are you on? I found the effects you are reffering to only in 'Live mode' try changing to either personal or Movie mode this should sort it.....it did for me anyway...... the live mode uses loads of colour and distorts the picture. ;)

Hi, yes I have noticed this, I have used personal mode and set it myself. Its not gone completly unless I turn the colour down too much.:)

I read a review on the set and it suggested that the colour sholud be no more than about 35% for optimum performance.

Ill try that, its mostly gone but when I tried Empire Strikes through the VCR its shocking! Anything that moves appears to blur or distort. Luke Skywalker using the force to move rocks looks more like rocks of jelly:(

Well i've tried the colour contrast etc but can't stop the "orange peel" blurring when the picture is moving! When its a stationary pic its tremendous:( Anyone any ideas?

sorry mate i'm out of ideas but i have messed about with mine and the best picture for motion etc is the movie mode with a slightly increased contrast this is in my opinion is the best setting ......I know what you mean by blurring tho' as i previously had a Philips PW9527 and that was useless for motion but fantastic for stills .....I have also read that in some cases its just a side effect of 100hz but i'm not that technically minded so don't know the in's and out's of this type of technology:confused:

I have found out that this is just a symptom of 100hz - DOH DOH DOH:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Never mind atleast I know their is nothing wrong!:)

Carlos,
How's everything connected up and what equipment are u using ???

Well "badly" would describe how its connected at the moment!;) Here's the full spec:

KV32FX66
Pansonic Sky Box (90% Signal) :very cheap scart cable to TV
PS2 (used as dvd-though not for long): AV Sockets on side of TV
Sony SLV-E710 VCR : Again very cheap scart cable to TV

STR-DB1080 Sony Reciever/Amp (connected with 6p speaker cable) connected too:
Mission M73 Fronts
Mission M7C2 Centre
Mission M7DS Side/Rears

Cabling is my next challenge, The mags seem to go for different ways of connecting it all up and using different type of conections and cables.:)

A good scart cable will definitely help with sharpening the picture up. Also colour should be more defined with less run. It wont get rid of the motion blurring but you will definitely notice the improvement.

A must is the scart cable i couldn't belive how much difference it makes

Hi theborg what cable would you reccommend?.. I bought a philips gold plated scart for 20 quid and it seems ok but is there something better for me to get? and will it make that much difference to my philips lead? :confused:

Well i've found that switching the Sky box to RGB output improves it a lot.

I've unfortunatly discovered that with the PS2 on AV4 i get two bright lines vertacally on my screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom