I just purchased a Audiolab 6000a integrated amplifier with music streamer. After the faff of downloading the play fi app I received a message sayin

Lav44

Novice Member
AUDIOLAB 6000a PLAY INTEGRATEDAMP/STREAMER

I recently purchased an Audiolab 6000a Play with streamer. On downloading the PlayFi app through my home wifi onto an android device a message appeared saying the app didn't detect speakers. Does one require smart speakers to use the app. I noticed on a review online someone suggested using Dali Oberons with the amp/streamer thus suggesting old school floorstanders wil do the job. I have a pair of Q Acoustics 3050i. Any comments on whether the Play version loses some sound quality from the original Audiolab 6000A integrated amplifier only by adding the streamer? Playing bluetooth on it at the moment and its stopping and starting. Pity for the price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I require sound in one room only. Home is open plan so no doubt I lose sound quality without a dedicated listening room. Will say in comparison to my Marantz amp the audio quality of the Audiolab surpasses it.

Lav44

Novice Member
OK figured it out by connecting ethernet cable directly to modem as per wired network setting. Now just need to ensure amp works wirelessly on other side of room. Ignore thread thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom