I just pulled my screen off the wall

secretagent2

I [-]have[/-] had an 80" projecter screen hanging from 2 L shaped shelf brackets.

I just went to pull the screen down and the bracket ripped out the wall.

DON'T WORRY

It is common in my house, the stair rail comes off every other week, the walls are just crumbling away.

I can't wait to move and i will get a carpenter in to box in the screen and do it nice!

secretagent2

no I am not a 19 stone body builder
and
no I don't have plasterboard wall

It is just an old house that need renovating, but I was a first time buyer and couldn't get any better, but i could of got worse.

The walls are falling down, well i think it is just the Victorian plaster stuff, its this really thick black stuff, it has a special name.

gazzerdaman

no I am not a 19 stone body builder
and
no I don't have plasterboard wall

It is just an old house that need renovating, but I was a first time buyer and couldn't get any better, but i could of got worse.

The walls are falling down, well i think it is just the Victorian plaster stuff, its this really thick black stuff, it has a special name.

Its not lathe and plaster is it? Does it sound solid if you tap it or hollow?

nwgarratt

My screen came of the ceiling and it is just a blind. The brackets are securely attached but they bent out a bit and the whole thing came down on top of my TV. I ended up putting a strong wire through it and attached to outside of the brackets to stop them bending out.

The ceiling is just plaster and I use plasterboard screws.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom