I just merged my Oculus account with spambook

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am picking up a quest 2 so not much choice.

Has anyone here who uses revive done that and if so does it still work ok after the migration?

Once my G2 arrives I will likely pack up my rift so will be relying on revive. I am not planning on using my quest for PCVR (other than for a nosey)

One question - why do you need Revive? I thought that was to make Oculus games work on Vive, but you have Rift?

One question - why do you need Revive? I thought that was to make Oculus games work on Vive, but you have Rift?
Probably because he has a G2 coming and wants to use revive so he can run OH on it.

ahh ok, so he doesnt need to run it now, its for the future. Makes sense.

I know one person so far who has lost all their oculus library from signing up to facebook for their Q2. No idea why though.

You should be fine using Revive I think, if there was going to be a problem I'm sure that the MRTV bloke would have filled us in.

I am picking up a quest 2 so not much choice.

You chose...poorly. I got rid of my Rift S and if Facebook somehow takes over all VR forcing mandatory FB, I`ll drop that altogether.

Every time we acquiese to these what- should- be- illegal acts, it just makes people like Zuckerburg (who lied about Oculus and FB) just become worse. These tech companies are going too far.

But whatever, I`ll get off my soapbox now.

Mike you do have limited privacy controls on the headset itself, There are more choices if you login on your PC. Facebook purposely did this to make it harder for people to shield them selves.

Looking forward to your opinion of the product

I am honestly not bothered about privacy, I respect those who are however and they must vote with their wallet. But that debate is not for this thread.

My concern is for revive and whether my G2 will still be able to access my Oculus titles.

ahh ok, so he doesnt need to run it now, its for the future. Makes sense.

I know one person so far who has lost all their oculus library from signing up to facebook for their Q2. No idea why though.
Thug nailed it........ I got the quest for garden VR and for when (if) I get to travel again. (I tried my mates Q1 in his garden and was.blown away)

But my G2 should also be here hopefully before Xmas and that will be needed for my Oculus titles esp if I find a home for my CV1

Not sure why you think I will get a ban however. Of all the millions of FB accounts only a tiny handful have been banned. Don't get me wrong I will be furious if I am however.

Ive been using Sidequest and Virtual Desktop with mine, no problems

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom