I just got my new Pana 50PZ80 2 weeks ago and then Panasonic announce new plasma's =(

Sandy 8oy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone else that just got their new Pana's dissapointed Panasonic has announced new plasma's for 2009. How do you think they will compare to the PZ80? Don't get me wrong i think the PZ80 is a great plasma but can't stop thinking what if i waited 2 months longer=( . Thanks

Anyone else that just got their new Pana's dissapointed Panasonic has announced new plasma's for 2009. How do you think they will compare to the PZ80? Don't get me wrong i think the PZ80 is a great plasma but can't stop thinking what if i waited 2 months longer=( . Thanks

Unfortunately you will always face this problem in the tv world. Undoubtedly the new models will be better and as the new models are using Neo-PDP technology they could be quite a step forward. However all of this costs so expect the new models to be a lot more expensive than the price you paid for yours. Our Panasonic rep has informed us that the big price rises from Panasonic are happening in March.

Unfortunately you will always face this problem in the tv world. Undoubtedly the new models will be better and as the new models are using Neo-PDP technology they could be quite a step forward. However all of this costs so expect the new models to be a lot more expensive than the price you paid for yours. Our Panasonic rep has informed us that the big price rises from Panasonic are happening in March.

I actually got my 50PZ80 for £999 from JL so im happy actually but just the new technology on the new plasma makes me wonder:rolleyes:

Im happy with my 50PZ80 great tv for £859.

I am sure the new models will be quite expensive.

Im happy with my 50PZ80 great tv for £859.

I am sure the new models will be quite expensive.

What he said - I paid £599 for by 42PZ80 with 5 year warranty, knowing full well the 90 series was gonna be out any time soon!

To be honest, I'd be paying double that nearly for the new range, so I am very happy!!!!

:clap:

Same here , bought my PZ80 not so long ago.

Panasonic have brought out new models in the first quarter for years. ( 8 in the model number is tied to 2008 ...7 to 2007 and so on. )

I've been drooling over the PZ80's since they came out , but they were too expensive at the time. After the price slashing of the last few months I jumped on one and Im glad I did.
I have no idea what the new sets would look like , but cant see how it could be that much better in picture quality than what I have , which Im very happy with.

As soon as you buy anything (Car / Computer / Stereo / etc.) it's out of date, so don't worry about it.

You've got a monster 50" Full HD 1080p panel, which is gonna do you proud for a good few years!!!!

The new plasmas will be thinner, have better black levels and use a lot less power but due to the feeble pound and strong yen, they will be a lot more expensive. Without the currency problems, I would have waited, there's been plenty of press about neoPDP for months now and it's much more of a revolution than an evolution this year. However you have got a bargain so be happy, I'm still happy with my panny and it's well into it's fourth year now.

Anyone else that just got their new Pana's dissapointed Panasonic has announced new plasma's for 2009.

Well not really since they announce new plasmas every year and they were showing a lot of this stuff a month ago at CES.

I got my 42PZ80 for £342 in the end, so Im not complaining.:thumbsup:

Just picked up my 50PZ80 for £999 today, and yes I knew there were newer better models just around the corner. There are ALWAYS newer better models not too far off, no matter when you buy.

i got my srt a few weeks ago for 895... i know people who paied £1400 for it only a few months before.. be glad you got yourself a good deal... i doubt the picture will be a massive improvment on the pz80, and the cost will be a lot more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom