I just got a A32, now how do I use it??

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, I just bought myself a second hand A32 which will replace my A75+ in the lounge. I have a couple of questions though so I was hoping someone could help me. :)

On my A75+ I just held down the AV button to set the gain but in the A32 I have to set it manually. How do I know what the gain is on my Yamaha 630 AV amp?

Also, is there anyway of getting the Arcam stereo remotes to opperate my DV88+ (or the other way around) apart from the volume that is.

thanks for your time.

CaM

2. ads1

ads1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi

I set the gain on the A32 processor input at maximum, then use the speaker setup in the AV amp to match levels.

I think the Arcam CD remotes also control the DVD players. You could try and get one of those.

Andy

3. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, thanks for the info on that - I guess the A75+ is more modern, thus the eiaser setup.

Ca<

4. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The A32 has a processor mode that alows you to fix the gain at any value on the tape input.

This also allows you to set up a processor loop using the tape outputs which you connect to any spare input on your processor so you have the choice to send 2 channel sources from the A32 to your processor for prologic decoding and then send left and right back to the A32 to be amplifed for the left and right speakers. (Obviously the processor deals with the other channels as it would if it was decoding DVD)

I did write a long description of this some time ago but I don't seem to be able to find it in the archives.

I did find John Dawsons shorter version on just using it for left and right channels see below.

"Go into the custom settings menu by pressing "select" 4 times, and scroll through till you find "processor mode". The SW then allows you to fix the volume of the tape input at any level from 0 to -72, in 1 or even 0.5 dB steps."

I hope this helps, we have actually made some forward progress in the facilaties on our amplifers. This facilaty was not available on some of the early A32s so if you cannot find processor mode under custom settings I am afraid you have one of these and will have to use the method described in the last post, you can still set up the processor loop using the tape input though.

The remote controls only do what is obvious from the buttons on them. If you want full system control from one remote you will need a CR80 as used with the AV8 and AVR300 which is our backlit programable remote it has 8 pages for controlling different products and can control most TV and VCRs as well as all the ARCAM products. You can get a CR80 from your dealer unfortuantely I don't know how much they cost because I am in engineering and don't remeber that stuff,
    :)

I hope this helps,
    Regards.
    Andrew

5. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your replys. I finally got the processer mode to work (which I have on my menu). It's not as friendly to set up as the A75+ but I guess it gives a lot more flexibilty in customing the gain.

Thanks also for the remote answer, I sure would like one of the new remotes as the 3 I currently have are pretty cra...... :)

CaM