1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have pro evo 5 for xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Cowden_harley, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Impressions very good.

Only one bad point so far. I won a game online on penalties and it gave me a draw.

Any questions, fire away with them.

2. WhiteHartMart

WhiteHartMart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    :mad: :mad: - is all I have to say.

Perhaps we could arrange some online matches when my copy arrives!

3. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    I've had it since tuesday. Have you managed to set up memorial matches yet? On one page of the manual "to keep stats of all your mates and see who is best, each person needs an option file either on the xbox harddrive or a on memory unit. 20 players are supported" then on another page it says "only one option file can be stored on the xbox harddrive, option files can not be transferred to memory units." i want to be able to keep track of stats, so please anyone who figures out how to do it, then let us know.

4. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    i assume you understand this isnt live its talking about. Its only multiplayer games on one xbox.

WhiteHartMart - I sent you a friends request. Ill play you when you get your copy mate.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I'll be home and online by 6.30 tonite if your available for a game

6. soleus

soleus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll be picking mine up tomorrow so I should be about at night for some games if anybody fancies it

7. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Yeah i know it's offline. Do you know how to set it up? I don't know whether i'm being a complete idiot, but i don't seem to be able to set up my mates profiles so we can do memorial games.

8. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    nope cant suss it out either to be honest.

9. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Anyone who figures it out please let us know. I've got 7 mates dying to end the argument of who is best at this great game!

10. fatty 99

fatty 99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know if it supports 480p and are the graphics any better than the ps2 version.

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Almost positive it supports 480p as almost every other X-box game (including PES4) does. Graphics look to be just another PS2 port from the shots i've seen although i'm sure those that have the game could clarify this.

12. Sting King

Sting King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The graphics look absolutely :thumbsdow compared to fifa 2006, its makes PES5 look like a megadrive game
    Im not knocking the gameplay though thats :smashin:

13. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    ^^^^ Agree fully.

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Crikey WE9 on the PS2 are no way that bad, infact they are pretty damn good for a current gen machine. I guess FIFA is in 720p so will look better in that respect.

It's always been the case of gameplay over graphics with PES though. FIFA's graphics are pointless really as the gameplay is so pants that the game never gets played for anyone to appreciate the graphics. :D

15. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    ^^^^ Fair point, definately all about gameplay, you just wish konami would have a look at market trends etc. the 360 is only 6 weeks away the inclusion of a 720p and widescreen mode would have made it a dead cert to be played even on a 360, even ahead of FIFA 06 RTWC.

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    It will anyway IMO. PES5 will probably be one of the most played games on my 360. :smashin:

I know what you're saying though as it would naturally be nice to have 720p w/s graphics.

17. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Don't get me wrong i love PES5 but it wouldn;t have hurt to have revamped the Master leageue, its the same stuff as last game and why isnt there transfers in the normal league modes. I hope Konami are currently overhauling the system for 360 time.

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    I'm sure that the 360 version will be a major overhaul, just as the PS2 version was after the PS1 games. To meet MS's criteria it will have to be 720p widescreen and i'm sure the graphics will be of a very high standard. They have the chance to really go to town with the power of the 360 and I bet they have got loads of things that they have wanted to do in the current gen games but just haven't had the power.

I hope that they also start really developing the live side of the game. There's talk of Seabass wanting to move towards a 11 v 11 player match and that will be something awesome to experience! You will actually have people shouting for the ball and making crazy runs etc. The day that PES moves out of the hands of AI will be a great day indeed! It also means that there's the chance for real superstars to shine in proper leagues and be selected for a virtual world cup side !!

The imagination is going again so i'd best get to bed - but how cool would that be! You could even have a virtual transfer fee on your head!

19. tutu

tutu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    PES on the PC looks the daddy at 1024*768 (HDTV). It looks completely different from the Xbox version (which looks like a megadrive game in comparison).

This is with the latest Wolf patch with shirts, transfers etc.

Would it really be much effort for them to port it to 360? Probably yes, but I guess we won't know till next year :(

I'll still take it however, you can't beat the Xbox live experience.

20. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    true, true live is an excellent platform that deserves pro evo and vice versa.

A few things im wishing for on next gen pes (dont flame me, this is just what I fancy)

*Random attributes re - dissent and violent conduct (players occasionally doing stupid things like what rooney done in champ league. probably achievable on current gen)
    *Proper Goalnet physics - sounds gay but it makes a difference(football kingdom anybody?)
    *High Standard Commentary
    *Full editing mode.
    *Good career mode like dare I say Fifa.
    *All leagues - dont have to be licensed, if youve got rangers and celtic, why not have the whole spl even if it is edinburgh green and edinburgh maroon. same goes for turkey and portugal etc
    *Loads of stadiums and detailed.

thats all i want konami along with the HD graphics. I don't ask for much eh?

also why not have a active referee over live. One of your mates could ref the game, if you got somebody sensible it would beat AI hands down.

21. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    **********CONTRAVERSIAL POST COMING UP*************

I have to say on playing this game some more that it is marvelous but Konami have really let us down. Theyve been exceptionally lazy.

There isn't any tournament modes on LIVE.
    No Master League use on live.
    No 2V2 for 4 Seperate Live Players.
    Why can the PC version support HD resolutions yet they couldn't code 720p w/s into the xbox version. surely they're both ports so why not do the xbox version with as much detail as the pc version.
    Transfers - Every year they do it, the transfer window closed in August for gods sake! Why is it not up to date!

Laziness, sheer laziness. EA aren't the only ones that are too complacent.

**********CONTRAVERSIAL POST FINISHED*************

Flame me if you want im not interested in it - this is my opinion

22. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,376
    But has the lag gone? If it has, then I don't care. We can (and will) arrange our own tournaments, I'd assume there'd be too much slowdown if it was 720p, and I'm sure I read that you can use your Master League team on Live? Has this been taken out?

23. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    wife's picking mine up in a bit, going away for the weekend so won't get a chance to play it for a few days :(

24. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I played 2 games against my mate from Holland, i hosted both and they were both fine games, 1st half of both games was just like playing offline, and 2nd half of both games was different, but i would call it lag, just slower. much improved over pes4

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    I here what you are saying Cowden and most of what you say is true, it's just that veterans of the series know what Konami are like. They have done a lot of work to the gameplay physics and to continually mess around with how this great game plays and actually enhance it each time (as opposed to messing it up - there has never been a poor version of PES) is a minor miracle!

The reason why the X-Box version isn't in HD like the PC version is performance. My PC (which to be fair is pretty old now 2200xp, 512 3200 ram, gf4400 card) struggled to run PES4 on the PC so the X-Box would have no chance of maintaining a frame rate at PC resolutions.

Regarding Live, yes i'd have liked those options but Like Lawrence i'd have much preferred them to spend the time sorting out their online code (which it seems they may have done). I also like the swap over host at half time thing as this means that we don't have to bother with that Home & Away leg nonesense (as no matter how good the code gets the host will always have a slight advantage).

Transfers - yes agree here as they basically just leave it at the same state that the August released Winning Eleven is at but I guess they are under deadlines to do the translation, new comentary etc. and to get the PES versions pressed for an October release so this goes by the wayside. Maybe if they released in say December then they could do more but then i'd rather get the game in October and have out of date transfers.

26. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    This is hapening becasue instead of Konami fixing their live code properly they have fudged it. Now one box hosts the first half and the other box hosts the second half. This means that cheaters can still host the first half safe in the knowledge that they can lag out the second half and still get the win.

As for 2v2 on 4 xboxes, I really wouldn't worry about that untill they can get 1v1 right!

27. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    Dont you just play a game against someone with a green icon?
    (which indicates no lag)

28. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Yes but if they lagged out the 2nd half as client then that doesn't affect the host. The host is always smooth no matter what so if he lagged out it would just make his game worse. It would have to be the other way around where they were hosting last. Surely if you join someones game then they will host first meaning that this will hardly happen.

It's not really anything to do with the code though as you can do this on any 1 on 1 game if you like. If someone causes lag through making their connection really bad then there's nothing you can do about it.

29. nogimmix

nogimmix
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    All we need is a game with PES gameplay and Fifa's presentation/database......for the 360!! That would make me a very very happy geezer. :D

30. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    Got my copy yesterday and fitted in 5 LIVE games last night, didn't notice any lag in any of the games AT ALL!! Very pleased in this respect :thumbsup: My Online record didn't get off to the best start though W 1 D 2 L 2 . . . . . . . . . . .

The game does seem like the biggest change between versions for a while, but this gets said every year. I think PES2 has been the only one that I could honestly say straight away was a better version over it's predecessor.

At first the speed decrease seemed a bit too slow, a couple of games in and I became more use to this aspect. The defences dropping so deep leaving very little space for through balls is taking a bit more time to adapt to. I've started to use the wings and crosses far more, heading has been improved, and like has been said volleys as well, scored a cracker last night.

Long shots . . . . . . . . I'm yet to score one, but I have cracked the bar from just inside my opponents half, it'll happen soon enough :devil:

So like the previous 2 version initially I have doubts, and in some aspects still do, but I'm totally confident by the time the weekend is out this will become the definite version of Pro Evo.

I should be online for a few hours tonight if anyone fancies a few games :hiya:

Giz.