1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no clue what TV to buy - please help!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by WillC, Sep 16, 2005.

1. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm buying an apartment and I'll be moving there in about 4-6 weeks (I tell you this for potential delivery time purposes!). My living room is about 13' by 18'.

I'll be needing a TV. I don't think I can really afford Sky, so I'll mostly use it for terrestrial TV, the occasional DVD and old VHS video.

As far as I'm concerned the bigger the screen the better. However, given that it's a relatively small room, I suppose a giant screen is out of the question.

What would you guys recommend? How much should I look to spend? What should I be looking for? LCD? Or just a "normal" widescreen TV? I haven't really got a clue.

As for budget, I'd love to keep it to around £500. But if it makes more sense for me to spend more (and therefore save money in the longterm?) then that'd be an option.

Someone mentioned 30" and above would be a good place to start. But whatever really. I'll leave this one with you guys to help me out!

Cheers :smashin:

2. mattg

mattg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    most 32" sets are around the 800 pound mark.
    they are HD ready and good to go for the next 5-10 years without any problems at all I would think.

3. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Matt. Are there any 32" sets in particular that you'd recommend?