1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have killed my hd3!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Jun 26, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you know that annoying voice in youre head that goes "ahh, go on have a look whats inside it, its only a couple of tiny screws, you can put it back together again no problems" IT LIES. i crumbled and took my hd3 apart (for the second time) dont ask why, it seemed like a good idea at the time. and now its knackered! the little tiny wire that connects the front buttons to the main pcb has come apart and now i cant get it to reattach if i hold it its ok but it wont stay there when i slide the case over it. The reason im telloing you all how stupid i actualy am is that i know someone has done this before and got the thing working! does anyone remember a thread about taking the hd3 apart, it had photos of the inside and the wire was lose from the pcb, he managed to fix it though, i have to see if i can do the same, i cant afford the £79 to get it fixed by sony and definatly cant afford £150 to get a new one! can anyone remember who posted the photos, the link to them or anything else that may help, please? i cant be without my hd3 its killing me!

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on! someone must remember that thread, please!

3. diverse

diverse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you done a search?

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, didnt come up with anything, thought someone may have a link.

no matter though i have to annonce that you can in fact fix a broken hd3 with

*drumroll*

BLU TAC! yep its freaking working again thanks to me sticking wires in with blutac! dunno how long it will hold but its looking good so far, RESULT!

5. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    LOL.

I remember the thread, couldn't give you a link though.

The same thing happened when I took apart my player. It was broken anyway though, so I exchanged it.

6. AlexGarfield

AlexGarfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ello this was on the head-fi fourms

http://www4.head-fi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108200

is that what you wanted?

i love the shinny pictures :)

Edit:

I don't know if it is the same on the nw-hd3 but i took apart my old sony flash player and the ribbon cabe was like conntected to a slot with a thingy you sould flap up and when u put the cable in then closed the flap it would lock it in

Sorry if i confused you

7. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    I don't know anything about the HD-3 but most modern gadgets have ribbon cables.

The cables fit into a socket.As far as i am aware, there are 3 types of sockets (there may be more types). With one type, just line the end of the cable up with the socket and GENTLY push it in - DO NOT bend the ribbon or you will break the tiny copper tracks. The other types have a type of "Zero Insertion Force" socket. You either lift a flap vertically with one type, or pull horizontally on the tags either side of the socket mouth. The end of the ribbon can then be inserted and the flap or slide, pushed home to lock it down on the ribbon.

Hope this helps

8. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a lot for the link and advice thats just what i meant, i have fixed it for now using blutac but dunno if that will hold, unfortunatly the little clip thing that holds the wire broke which is why i couldnt put it back in, ill try and rejoin it if my repair fails (when my repair fails).