i have just bought a pioneer vsx-lx51 help

T

tyson25

i have set it up but when i watch a blu ray through my ps3 which is connected to the amp i cant get dolby true hd to come up on display which mean it isnt working i have selected dolby true hd through blu ray dvd menu but when film is playing cant get dolby true hd on display can someone please advise me how i can get this working please

i have set it up but when i watch a blu ray through my ps3 which is connected to the amp i cant get dolby true hd to come up on display which mean it isnt working i have selected dolby true hd through blu ray dvd menu but when film is playing cant get dolby true hd on display can someone please advise me how i can get this working please

What Amp/Receiver are you using?

EDIT -Sorry I see you have that in the Title!

EDIT 2 - Wow that looks like a nice piece of kit and obviously does HD, Are there any PS3 setup options that need changing?

Last edited:
If I understand it correctly, your PS3 is decoding the HD audio and simply passing it to your amp as PCM, so your amp doesnt need to decode it. You are hearing trueHD, but as you receiver isnt decoding it, no light will be lit.

someone will correct me if Im wrong!

Last edited:
The PS3 can't send True HD over the HDMI.
You need to select PCM (on the PS3) - it will then decode the track and send it to your amp as multichannel PCM.

Hope this helps (don't worry you will still get the full sound quality just the PS3 will do the decoding not the amp).

DinAlt

hi denalt i have changed all settings to linear pcm on ps3 but on the amp display i am still not getting dolby true hd on the display in writing im just getting pcm in writing and it doesnt sound any differant so im sure its not true hd being played any help greatly appreciated thanks

Are you using the optical out on the PS3? or are you just using HDMI?

afaik, you cannot send trueHD over optical. Just an idea.

and just to reiterate, as your PS3 is decoding the track, you probably WONT get a trueHD light on your amp, just a PCM light.

Last edited:
just hdmi cable from ps3 also im not trying to get a light to light up im trying to get the display screen to say dolby true hd-so any 1 got any more ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't say it on the amp's display. If you press the Display button on the PS3 remote, it will tell you what audio output you are hearing but rest assured if you've selected the Dolby True HD soundtrack in the menu and you have the PS3 setup as per the sticky in the Onkyo forum (HDMI and LPCM), you are hearing HD audio.

PS. Watch the movie and forget about the amp's display! :D

It won't say it on the amp's display. If you press the Display button on the PS3 remote, it will tell you what audio output you are hearing but rest assured if you've selected the Dolby True HD soundtrack in the menu and you have the PS3 setup as per the sticky in the Onkyo forum (HDMI and LPCM), you are hearing HD audio.

PS. Watch the movie and forget about the amp's display! :D
or if you dont use a PS3 remote......press "select" on PS3 controller.
top right hand corner of your telly screen should tell you what you are sending to receiver.

where is this onkyo thread you are oon about so i can check my settings cause the sound to me is [EDIT: Removed by Moderator, due to Forum Rule 2 infringement] , it sounds better in just normal digital mode for sound which surrely shouldnt be right even in dolby dts hd sounds crap

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it. :) Please post back with feedback and let us know if it sounds okay now and what you did to sort it out (to help others).

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom