1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have just aquired a 32LCD with no Scart just S Video HELP

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by 60singer, Apr 7, 2005.

1. 60singer

60singer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone tell me the best way to hook this up to my Sky PLUS and my NV30 DVD/Video Combi.I also have a Yamaha DSPA990 which I assume will just hook up to the Audio out phonos.I am an old guy who would appreciate any help or advice.Thanks

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Easiest way to do it i think would be to buy a Scart to S-Video cable.
    http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PGV632.html

Im not familiar with your DVD player but if it has a Scart In socket on the back, you could connect the sky+ box to that, then the dvd player to the TV via the Scart to S-Video cable.
    For audio, you can plug the 2xPhono connectors on the Scart to S-Video cable straight into the amp if its close enough to the TV.

I tried searching for your amp, but cant find any info on it. Does it have any digital connections on the back for 5.1 surround? If it does (and assuming your are in fact using 5.1 surround), you will want to also connect your DVD player to it via digital for 5.1 in DVD's.

Someone will correct me if im wrong im sure. :D

3. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If your amp has an optical input then use this to connect to your SKY+. What speaker set up do you have? If you can use the optical then you will need to go into the SKY setup to turn it on.