I have it!! well nearly set up pv500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by simg, Jun 16, 2005.

1. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My baby arrived 2day( my new telly anyway, my new little girls not due 4 a month yet!) My wife phoned me at work 2 say it had been delivered but it was with tv stand and not bracket. My eyes lit up at the thought of JLs mistake of sending me a 500 pound stand which I could sell and get the swivel bracket I always wanted. It was the longest day of my life but when I got home and opened the stand box to my horror they had sent me the wrong thing but even worse it was a cheapo normal lcd stand and completely useless for my plasma :mad: Currently I have it set up on the polystyrene blocks(got that idea from Mals pics) The pictures not looking too bad even with 1.99 scart leads. I have 1 problem I have component leads from the back of my pio DV-575A to component sockets but I cant get anything, not sure what im doing wrong. Ive been into players settings but you cant select anything in component as its not highlighted :confused: If anyone can help that would be amazing. Thanks to everyone whos already helped me out with different questions. :thumbsup: :rotfl:

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    turn rgb scart off, then component will be lit up i think.

3. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    picking up component is a bit of a pain.

I found I had to do it like this;

Run an rgb scart and component leads out of the dvd player at the same time. This was so I always had a menu I could get at on screen to force the player to use component. Then when I had made sure I had the correct settings for the player, I had to press the tv/av button, then the blue button for more options, then the yellow one and kept pressing the yellow one untill it came around to component. VOILA!

4. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that chedmaster it worked great and there is already an improvement in the picture :thumbsup: :rotfl: :rotfl: 1 more question if I connect my sky+ to my dvd player then out through the components will that improve the sky pq, thanx again.

5. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Yep, sky looks even better