1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have been waiting patiently......

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mattboyslim, Jul 21, 2005.

1. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    .....for 2 months now for the Mission M-Cubes which have been on order from my local dealer. I know they have been taken over but read in a previous post they are discontinuing lines. Should I just give up and get something else? Thing is I really like the look of them..

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I contacted Mission but no response. Any information would be most welcome...

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Try contacting the retailer that you ordered them off as they are more likely to have up to date info on production - leastways any retailer worth his salt will.

3. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers Ian, I did contact my dealer. They are not sure if/when there will be more stock so am a bit stuck. Got my home cinema set up, except for those bloomin speakers!

4. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mission have been or are in the process of being taken over so my guess is they will continue to manufacture the m-cubes.

5. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    maybe worth ring up some other dealers to see if they have them in stock, then cancelling your original order and ordering from the other dealer..?

6. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sevenoaks Sound and Vision have them on their website listed at £849 excluding stands (not sure if that means wall brackets are included). No idea if they do have them in stock or if this price is right but I've not seen them for less than £999.

Give them a call.

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/products/hotproducts.html

7. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you might be lucky after all.... The M Cubes have gotten some terrible reviews regarding their performance. Have a look at the new B&W MT-10 speaker set (about same price as the Missions) and you will be amazed.

8. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your help guys, it is actually sevenoaks who I am ordering from and they did recommend the B&W speakers instead. The missions would look better in my lounge though!

9. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Gnikolaidis - where have you seen the bad reviews, and what was so poor about them? I'm considering a purchase of these.

10. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,151
    Where? For my sins I read most of the European Audio press and it seems to have reviewed quite favourably. Provided you don't want to do much in the way of music work with them and have the sub in front of you, they are an extremely impressive system. By the same token, the comments I've had back from B&W dealers seem to imply that the MT20 and 30 are very good indeed but the MT10 sub doesn't really do the satellites justice.

11. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5945

Although not explicitly stated, this is a rather disappointing review for such a pricey system. Also, from a local comparison review (I live in Greece) between the Mission M-Cube and the B&W MT-10/20/30 the B&W set came out as a better overall system, having less shortcomings than the Mission especially when it comes to music reproduction. Additionally the M-Cubes tiny speakers (not the subwoofer) seemed to loose their presence in anything else than a small sized room.

To test the truth of all these claims I went and demoed the two systems myself. For my taste, the B&W set with the larger subwoofer (MT-20 or MT-30) did indeed sound better than the M-Cubes. So I opted for the B&W set which was also less expensive than the M-Cubes. I have them now for two weeks and I am very satisfied, considering that they replaced two old floor standing B&W P4s.

I would advise to really go and demo yourself any speaker you consider purchasing, since taste for speakers between individuals is rather subjective, and dedicated magazines rarely tell the whole truth (at least with the decent ones you can read between the lines).

12. clarky78

clarky78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    If 4 1/2 stars is a bad review, i'd hate to see what crap gets 3stars or less! And i'd LOVE to see the full 5 star stuff!!!

Mattyboyslim - Have you considered Monitor Audio's Radius 45? They have almost the exact same dimensions as the m-cube, and come in some nice colours to match aesthetically too. Sevenoaks do these, go take a look.

13. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Got to agree with Clarky. I don't read this as a bad review at all. At the top of the page it has Home Cinema Choice Best Buy. To be honest I've only ever read good reviews of the cubes in the press and a small number of mixed reviews on forums, some from people who are reviewing specs rather than speakers themselves!

14. avv092

avv092

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should check Superfi if there's a branch next to you.

London branch has m-cubes in stock at £999.95 (this includes 2 stands and 3 wall brackets), will be picking them up this week.

15. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for that will give superfi a ring tomorrow and see if they have any. London is my nearest but still a bit of a treck! All the stockists ive spoke to have said nobody has got any!

16. avv092

avv092

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked my m-cubes yesterday, they said it was the last set in ivory they had in stock.

Not sure if they have any in black or would be able to order new stock.

Should be possible to arrange delivery with Superfi as well, I think they use ParcelForce.

17. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Avv092 thanks for the advice on where to get the M-Cubes. I ordered the ivory ones yesterday (they said they were a display set but hadnt been used) so were the very last ones, and they arrived today through Parcel Force. So after waiting 2 months Ive finally got them through a company that had them in stock the whole time! Thanks again for that, very happy bunny!

Arent these forums great!! :D

18. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Don't forget to give us that all important review!

19. ppp65

ppp65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How are you finding the m-cubes and what amp are you using with them?

20. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i'd also be intrested to hear what amp you are using, as I have a denon 3805 was not all that please with the demo I had of the cubes on this amp, and was keen to hear another opinion.

21. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ive got the Denon 3805 and I have not set the speakers up yet due to numerous reasons. They were missing a bracket too which they say they are sending out this week!

Will let ya know how it all sounds when get it all up and running.

22. mattboyslim

mattboyslim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry it took so long! Very, very chuffed with the M-Cubes and the 3805, the sound is awesome.

23. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Pleased to hear you like them! Still trying to hammer my mordaunt-short genie into a cube shape so I can pretend i've got some...!