I have been refunded my money from Apple...oh no !!

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys can you all check your bank accounts :lease:

The available balance has now shot right back up and now has the original price of 2 iPhones refunded. The money had been taken out on the 15th at 10:30am and I have checked my bank account every day....

Anyone else got this issue? I'm starting to get worried :( :suicide:

Sounds odd, I take it you've not received any kind of correspondence from Apple to explain it yet?

none at all, still looks ok on the dispatch form

very odd ! unless they took the money out to see if the payment would be fulfilled then they will take it out on dispatch 24th

Guys can you all check your bank accounts :lease:

The available balance has now shot right back up and now has the original price of 2 iPhones refunded. The money had been taken out on the 15th at 10:30am and I have checked my bank account every day....

Anyone else got this issue? I'm starting to get worried :( :suicide:

Isn't this just because they pre-authorised the funds when you placed your order, i.e. to check that funds will be available and therefore ring-fenced these so they were effectively not available for use albeit were not technically withdrawn.

Now they are preparing to take the money on despatch. So they will have dropped the pre-authorisation element which is why the funds are now showing in your account...

none at all, still looks ok on the dispatch form

very odd ! unless they took the money out to see if the payment would be fulfilled then they will take it out on dispatch 24th

True, but then why hold it for nearly 5 days, then give it back (on a weekend), only to re-take it as little as a couple of days later (allowing time for dispatch and shipping.)

Unless they've cancelled the pre-authorised amount and will be taking payment proper so they can dispatch over the coming day or so, but I know when we use pre-auth payments at work we don't have to go through all that to finalise them, we just press a button and it confirms the full payment?!?

Not sure if this is relevant but there is talk of Apple randomly canceling orders, no one is sure why its happening, not even Apple.

I think there was talk of it on engadget.

I hope to god not !!

Otherwise I will have to cancel my offer of 2 handsets in the reservation list....

It is just the authorisation mechanism.

When you place an order it takes an authorisation for the full amount to

1) verify the card details are correct
2) that there are sufficient funds

Apple do NOT take money until it is already boxed up and about to be passed to the courier. This minimises the risk of failure at that point.

It is absolutely normal therefore for the funds to be released back into your account before it actually truly gets taken.

I can't understand though why they have held the money for 5 days and on a Sunday refunded the money ?? Is that normal then for a company like Apple, just to see if I had the funds

I can't understand though why they have held the money for 5 days and on a Sunday refunded the money ?? Is that normal then for a company like Apple, just to see if I had the funds

They did not hold the money. The authorisation mechanism holds the money automatically for 5 days (some I think do 7) and then releases it. Apple couldn't hold it for more even if they wanted to. This is just the way the credit card mechanisms work..nothing at all to do with Apple.

They did not hold the money. The authorisation mechanism holds the money automatically for 5 days (some I think do 7) and then releases it. Apple couldn't hold it for more even if they wanted to. This is just the way the credit card mechanisms work..nothing at all to do with Apple.

this is true.

Don't worry about it, this is perfectly normal.

This is normal, but I can't find my order status now. Can anyone else see their order on the apple web site now ?

All cancelled order problems I have read about relate to AT&T issues so I think we will be OK in the UK.

I don't want to worry anyone but mine is still showing as having been taken. Strange. :confused:

All cancelled order problems I have read about relate to AT&T issues so I think we will be OK in the UK.

Engadget have also reported apple cancelling orders as well as AT&T, so I don't think it's clear what issue they have had at the moment

Engadget have also reported apple cancelling orders as well as AT&T, so I don't think it's clear what issue they have had at the moment

Engadget also make note that these orders have likely been cancelled by Apple due to AT&T authorisation issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom