I have a stupid question, if an AMP has a L/R Pre Out can I connect Subwoofers to this?

Ignore his diagram. You'll be using the high level (speaker posts) on both the Yamaha and SB1000's. When you get the amp, pm me and I'll guide you through connecting & setting it up. 👌👍🏼

Thanks mate I need to buy speaker wire right?

And I sent him the picture of the back of the AMP, I was wondering would you speculate as to why he sent me THAT diagram.... Or perhaps he just wanted to have a laugh at my mental breakdown 🤣 😩 😩 😩

I just need to buy a long run of speaker wire I guess? Then I can cut off what I need in bits...

You may have offered to come over and set it up but live too far away however I am wondering if we'll end up on Skype and me owing you TWO beers!

EDIT: I shall buy this Amazon product ASIN B006LW0W5Y

Last edited:
And I sent him the picture of the back of the AMP, I was wondering would you speculate as to why he sent me THAT diagram.... Or perhaps he just wanted to have a laugh at my mental breakdown 🤣 😩 😩 😩

No idea why he did that tbh. If the amp had useable Pre-outs then it would have made a bit more sense.

Thanks mate I need to buy speaker wire right?

I assume you already have speaker wire to connect your main L&R speakers, so you'll need enough to run from each sub to the amp. Yes buy more, then you need and cut to length. It's not expensive after all!

I just need to buy a long run of speaker wire I guess? Then I can cut off what I need in bits...
Yep.... I'm guessing your subs are located near the mains and amp?

Something like this will do:

this is for 5m. You can get longer lengths if needed. Just make sure it's 16 AWG "Pure Copper OFC" not the CCA rubbish*

Do you currently use bare ends on the wire to connect your mains to the amp?

You may have offered to come over and set it up but live too far away however I am wondering if we'll end up on Skype and me owing you TWO beers!
See how we got on
If needs be, we can "WhatsApp" video call. 👍🏼

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Ignore his diagram. You'll be using the high level (speaker posts) on both the Yamaha and SB1000's. When you get the amp, pm me and I'll guide you through connecting & setting it up. 👌👍🏼
Yep, you can use the pre-outs, but there's no need to even consider it - go with the high-level connections from the speaker posts.

A vote for pure copper cable from me too!
Am I the only one that's seeing the hilarity of @SlimyRiddler starting a thread about stereo amps & subs, then getting virtually all of the said advice in stereo as they say?!

Oh the irony! 😂😂😂

@SlimyRiddler

Just wondering if you managed to get your new amp & dual subs set up etc?

Intrigued to know how it all went?

Hi all, just an update, sorry it took so long but I was only sorted literally last night.

The AX596 arrived faulty. It was collected yesterday.

I managed to get a second hand Yamaha A S701 which ALSO arrived yesterday! So far, it works! It has a dedicated SUB OUT and I am using it with my external DAC the E30.

So far, SO GOOD!

Let the fun begin....... Yamaha A S701 Impedance Selector with Opticon 1 MK2 - HIGH - Borderline? JUST BAD??

Hi all, just an update, sorry it took so long but I was only sorted literally last night.

The AX596 arrived faulty. It was collected yesterday.

I managed to get a second hand Yamaha A S701 which ALSO arrived yesterday! So far, it works! It has a dedicated SUB OUT and I am using it with my external DAC the E30.

So far, SO GOOD!

Let the fun begin....... Yamaha A S701 Impedance Selector with Opticon 1 MK2 - HIGH - Borderline? JUST BAD??
Excellent, nice amp - have fun :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom