1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a snake in my rears!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by smeghead, Sep 25, 2001.

1. smeghead

smeghead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    can anyone help,i've got a toshiba 32mw7db widescreen tv and the rear speakers hiss all the time no matter what the volume. its the same in dolby digital when i play a dvd. i've got a sony str-db940 amp no hiss from that at all any ideas?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Smeghead,<br /> I'm afraid this is a known problem with this awful set. There is a fix for it. But if you've bought it recently, do yourself a favour and change it!! I've had one of these beasts and their nothing but trouble.

Cheers,<br /> John

3. smeghead

smeghead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    placebo i've had the tv over two years now,whats the fix??? and is it expensive? i rang toshiba once on the customer help line and they just said yes it hisses as if i was a plum for even asking, so i just said right (as dr evil does in austin powers)and left it at that.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Smeg,<br /> I had this TV about 3 years ago and swapped it after 2 weeks! The fix, er fixes the hissing in the rears and also the delay when you change channels. The warranty thing might be a problem. I'd suggest maybe going back to point of purchase, asking very nicely for the fix, shouldn't cost too much. Failing that, ring Tosh and ask them, didn't you notice the hissing when you bought it?

5. smeghead

smeghead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi john, yes did notice hiss when i bought tv thought at first i was being too fusy said to wife,friends about hiss all said can't hear it. also tv hummswhen i play region 1 dvd but is ok with region 2 any ideas or do i just give up and get a new tv? thanks dean

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dean,<br /> First port of call is to the point of purchase, then ring Tosh, try and get help! Although I slate this set, the picture quality very good, apart from the geometry! After trying all above, your left with two options. 1. Just try to ignore the humming. 2. New set. <br />Good luck.

7. smeghead

smeghead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi John, gonna give toshiba a ring,found that i've had the tv 3yrs not 2 so shops probably a waste of time. i'll just have to<br /> try and ignore the hum. thanks for your help <br /> Dean