• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I have a samsung SP-50L6hdx its started flikering help

pops107

Prominent Member
I got my samsung SP-50L6hdx tv 2 months ago all been ok till the last week after its been on about 2 hours it starts to fliker watching tv (scart), If i change to dvd (scart) its still there and if i change to pc (hdmi) its still there,
Tryed all connections all ok, The only way i can get it to stop is turn it of for a short wile but it comes back with in 10-15min.

Please help needed thanks

Medusa

Banned
I got my samsung SP-50L6hdx tv 2 months ago all been ok till the last week after its been on about 2 hours it starts to fliker watching tv (scart), If i change to dvd (scart) its still there and if i change to pc (hdmi) its still there,
Tryed all connections all ok, The only way i can get it to stop is turn it of for a short wile but it comes back with in 10-15min.

Please help needed thanks

Going of your fault description it looks like a component fault could be anything in the Field stage.
Poss vertical o/p IC that is thermally breaking down.

Job for a very Experienced Engineer.:devil:

pops107

Prominent Member
Thanks looks like a call to currys service dept then

pops107

Prominent Member
Not much choise on who i ring warranty and all that :thumbsdow

Has anybody else had this fault with a dlp tv ?

knightsyr

Standard Member
i have the 46 samsung , also had this problem flickering tv on all sources tried to convince myself it wasn,t there lol it was
rang makro where i bought it after a lot of mmmm ,,discussion they agreed to change it .had new set around 2 years no problems .
samsung or local engineer will call take set for several weeks then say yup it,s knackered . i got mine replaced by by quoting the "sales of goods act" not doing what it was supplied for . it took a long chat in makro before they eventually changed it . good luck with yours

pops107

Prominent Member
Thanks looks like its going back to the shop then the problem ive got is that thay do not sell this tv any more mine was the last one:thumbsdow

Ive also just got a email from samsung asking me to ring them hopefully mite be able to go through them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom