1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a mod chipped xbox looking for optimal picture on a tft

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by cyrusir, Sep 2, 2004.

1. cyrusir

cyrusir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys im new here so go easy :)

Basically my components are as follows:
    1) A mod chipped xbox (xecuter 2.3b)
    2) Radeon 8500dv
    3) A samsung 193p tft (1280*1024)

Up to now i have been running the xbox thro the composite input it produces ok results but not good enough, i find games that support pal - 60 makes the picture much better but it makes the dashboard look distorted?

What i was thinking of doing was flashing the box to ntsc with that programme floatin about and getting the hi def pack, would that make much of a difference? If i do that and say i wanted to move the xbox down to the sitting room for a quick game would i have to reflash to pal?

Any advice greatly appreciated

2. sirp

sirp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    yes, ntsc enables you to run in better resolutions (once you enable them)

and you can still run pal games on your tv as normal

if you stick the app on your box, you can always select ntsc/pal whenever you wish at the click of a button anyway m8

3. cyrusir

cyrusir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how do i put it on the hd? ive got the slayer disc 2.5 installed and all the apps that has but im a bit new to all this still, do i need to ftp it or can i install from a dvdr?

Also if i had btsc enabled would i have to switch to pal to use xbox on my tv i presume so?

4. sirp

sirp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    if your tv can accept the signal ok, then you will be fine, mine runs fine on my old tv and new

i ftp'd mine to a dir of my choice, then you just select it..i use media centre, but also used EVOX until of late