I Have a IN76 Projector

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have an IN76 Projector and am wondering if you are able to watch HD DVD's via the IN76 projector? If so, what set up of equipment would you need????

Please could anyone help as I'm dying to see what it looks like (if its possible off course)!!!!!

thanks

You are able to watch HD-DVDs as your projector is HD-Ready.

The players you have to choose from are the Toshiba HD-E1 which is released today I think at £450, or the HD-EX1 (should that be HD-XE1?) out in about a month for about £600. Alternatively there are 2 1st generation and 2nd generation models that can be imported from USA. Try Movietyme or some other such site. None of these players are region coded yet I believe, the only difference I believe is that the American models require a step down transformer as their voltages or something similar are a little different.

Alternatively you could pay about £130 for the XBox 360 add-on.

Once you have the player all you need is an HDMI or component lead to connect it to your projector (only component is available if using the XBox 360 add on) and a few discs and off you go!!

You may struggle to find a UK Xbox 360 add-on ( assuming you have an Xbox 360 to begin with), but you can import an American one which is compatible with our power supply here in the UK for about £159 (see Movietyme). Otherwise, wait until early January for the Toshiba HD-E1 HD-DVD player which should cost around £400 (The cheapest stand-alone UK player you can currently buy/order)
Of course the other route into the wonderful world of HD is Sky HD. In my opinion, a good transmission on Sky Movies 9 HD looks nearly as good as HD DVD and with Sky HD Box Office, you get to see such movies as The DaVinci Code and X-Men: The Last Stand in glorious HD right now!
But believe me, HD on your In76 is incredible!:smashin:

Im picking up my in76 today and have a hd dvd and blu-ray player, i will let you know my thoughts on it tomorrow.
Should be interesting.:thumbsup:

Im picking up my in76 today and have a hd dvd and blu-ray player, i will let you know my thoughts on it tomorrow.
Should be interesting.:thumbsup:

Thanks all for comments

Klacey - I will be very interested in your feedback as you're going to be using a blu-ray player but HD DVD!

Please let me know

Thanks all for comments

Klacey - I will be very interested in your feedback as you're going to be using a blu-ray player but HD DVD!

Please let me know

Yeah i have both couldnt help myself, its in so will have a good play tonight and report in the morning.:thumbsup:

Well i was hoping to tell you what i thought, instead had a nightmare. First my pj hadnt turned up, so instead offered me the in78, for a very good place. Took it home, hooked it up and the focus was all screwed up, it hadnt come with a manual and looked like it had been used already. I couldnt get the thing to focus so taking it back, and going back to the one i ordered which is in today, well i hope it is.

At some point i will be, probably end of jan, why you interested?

Hi Klacey
Sorry you've had a nightmare!!!! I still very much look forward to reading your comments once you get the IN76!

Hi guys got the in76 yesterday about lunchtime, connected it all up and had no problems.
The first thing i noticed was how quiet it was, i had the 5700 which was incredibly loud compared to this.
The biggest improvement over the 5700 was the contrast and sharpness of the thing, its made my hi def setup jump up a notch.

Hi Klacey
Pleased to hear that you're all set up with the IN76...

Q - How's the set up with the HD DVD? Is it worth the investment?

Hi Klacey
Pleased to hear that you're all set up with the IN76...

Q - How's the set up with the HD DVD? Is it worth the investment?

Thanks mate, i wouldnt even think twice about it, the in76 with both hd dvd and blu-ray looks amazing, it is so clear, close ups on faces show every detail, really makes standard dvds look like vhs compared to hd.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom