1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a Fuji 2800, need advice on settings.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by MarkR, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    I am fed up with just taking bog standard snaps on my camera, I have settings in my menu which I have absolutely no idea what they mean.
    If I just start on one of the problems that is baffling me for the moment. After going to the menu I select the 'Set' option which opens a drop down style menu, I select quality and then select the highest pixel rate which is 2m.
    After doing this I then go into the menu again, there is now an option called EV which looks like '+/-' as the symbol. After selecting this it opens into a drop down menu where it is set to 0, now my problem is if I scroll up there are other settings which are +0.3, +0.6, +0.9, +1.2 and +1.5. If I scroll down it reads -0.3, -0.6, -0.9, -1.2 and -1.5. What do these settings mean and when should I use them.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated and also it may give me a fighting chance in the photo comp. :D

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Cheers for the link sean, it kinda makes sense, I will have a play at this weekend. Think this maybe useful especially if I am taking pictures of the sky.
    Will let you know how it went. :thumbsup: