I have a fairly new QLED that I don't need, what can I do?

Pixieish Glue

Standard Member
Reaction score
Please no judgements.

I have a 65" Q9FN QLED TV - it was Samsung's flagship model when it released. It's wall mounted in my room. It was delivered and assembled by Currys in February 2019.

A couple months ago I bought a 65" LG CX OLED TV from John Lewis. I have it on a stand in front of the QLED and the QLED is covered by a large white fabric sheet. I barely managed to assemble it myself, it took half the day and several panic attacks. I don't want to move it now.

I'm unable to take the QLED off the wall by myself and I don't want to wall mount the CX because the placement of ports is crap (the QLED comes with a OneConnect box which is the only thing I miss).

I don't know what to do with the QLED. I can't recycle it because the retailers won't come to my room to take it, they want me to wrap it up take it downstairs and leave it outside for collection. I can't do that.

As of now it's just sitting there. I saw some websites that quoted a few hundred quid to take it, but again, like the retailers they want me to package and move it ready for collection.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this TV without having to move anything by myself? It's even more complicated now because the CX is sitting right in front of it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I also got this HDFury Arcana that I no longer use because I only needed it for the QLED for Atmos sound. The CX natively supports everything.

Last edited:
Why not just put a price on it and advertise it locally with the proviso that whoever buys it brings someone with them to remove it?

I also got this HDFury Arcana that I no longer use because I only needed it for the QLED for Atmos sound. The CX natively supports everything.

Hi - how much is it worth and where do I advertise it?
I have no idea how much it's worth, I'll leave for someone else to suggest.
As to where, put an ad in a local shop, Gumtree, local social media (Facebook) page etc.

I have no idea how much it's worth, I'll leave for someone else to suggest.
As to where, put an ad in a local shop, Gumtree, local social media (Facebook) page etc.
Thanks - do I need to pay for advertising it? I don't mind selling or giving them away but don't wanna pay to do it because I already spent enough money as it is. I've seen some posts in this forum indicating that the OneConnect box and possibly the HDFury Arcana are at least worth something, if I sell those separately how would I get rid of the TV? If I recall, the Arcana device was almost £200 and has barely been used. Maybe I can sell it half price. Not sure about the OneConnect box and TV though.

Advertise it on gumtree (no fees) with the condition the buyer must remove it and say you are willing to negotiate a low price. It should sell within weeks.

If you were willing to give it away for free I'm sure you could simply call a local self-employed TV installer or handyman who would deinstall it & take it away for free. They won't believe their luck.

Somebody who does TV repairs might be a good call too. They like to keep spare TVs around for parts or set replacements.

Last edited:
Hi - there's nothing wrong with it. I have an OLED now since couple of months ago and the Samsung QLED is still in really good condition but it's taking up space on my wall. I don't use it.
Ahh ok it’s a shame you’re not closer, My parents would love a new tv and thought of this

Thanks - do I need to pay for advertising it? I don't mind selling or giving them away but don't wanna pay to do it because I already spent enough money as it is. I've seen some posts in this forum indicating that the OneConnect box and possibly the HDFury Arcana are at least worth something, if I sell those separately how would I get rid of the TV? If I recall, the Arcana device was almost £200 and has barely been used. Maybe I can sell it half price. Not sure about the OneConnect box and TV though.
I have sold a a few items on the classified forums here and never had a problem, and of course free to advertise. Just look at a few other posts to see what to write. Sounds like the TV is worth £500 upwards. The HDfury is easier to sell as I guess you can post that.

If you aren’t desperate for the money, then maybe ring a local charity shop and see if they want to collect it. You can also arrange nationally with charities like the British Heart Foundation, they routinely collect furniture and electricals for free and at least you are helping someone. If you are still in South Wales as your profile suggests, there is a local charity Emmaus who help the homeless that will collect from you. Seems like a good cause. Support us - South Wales

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom