• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I Have £400 For A New 32" TV. What Should I Get?

repoman88

Standard Member
Hello All, new to the forums, seen this place on the hotdeals site when i was scouting about for a Telly deal and thought i would saunter on over and get some advice.

Situation is my old telly has finally given up, and i am using an old 1980's refurbished Baird which only works on 3 channels so desperately need a new TV.

I have not bought a new TV in a LONG time, and do not really know which to get.

I would like-
32" model.
LCD
HD ready
Digital freeview inbuilt
Possibly a PC connector (not that important)
Decent picture and sound- i am new to this pixels and contrast ratio lark, but have worked out the higer the better?
A decent reliable make

I know you probably get loads of these requests and i have looked around the usual online shops like currys, dixons etc but nothing seems to stand out in my price range.

So for £400 max , what do you think i should get?

Any help much appreciated.

repoman88

Standard Member
Change of plan, i now have up to £500 and would consider a 37" as well.

I am quite baffled looking at all these new TV's, any help?

jamiesdad

hi take a look at empire direct they have the lg32lb75 for £429.99 it received 5 stars in what hi fi s snd v there's also a thread on this forum samsung ler87bdx gets a very good write up in the mags. E.D doing it for £479.99 they are 32 inchers.

anyway good luck

cheers D

repoman88

Standard Member
Thanks for your help comrades. am still mulling things o0ver and am looking over your suggested recommendations.

Am i also right in thinking that Richer sounds will match any online price from another shop for the same model or was that just a wild rumour?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom