I hate the people at SKY!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Sandman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,186
    So last week, I was enjoying a relaxing evening watching some tat on telly when the phone rings. It is some guy from sky telling me I was a loyal customer and therefor eligible to try out the full sky world package for two months for only £30 a month. I told him I wasnt interested, he persisted by asking if I didnt like movies or sport but I still said no to the offer. 2 minutes later the same guy phones back informing me because I already subscribe to the disney channel it would only be costing me an extra £2 for the full package. I said I wouls take it but only if it was automatically switched off after 2 months and I dont end up paying £42 for a 3rd month which I didnt want. He said that is fine and hooked me up to it.
    So I watched a few films over the week and last night decided to watch some sport on sky sports. Anyway, none of the sports channels were switched on. I phoned sky and told them the storey. I was told that I was signed up for a sports world (or something) package and that it couldnt be changed for 30 days!!! what the fudge! I didnt sign up for this yet I am stuck with it and have to pay for it. I am so pi#### off with them I am thinking about changing to freeview. Why do they think they can treat us like this?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Good tip (applies to all companies, not just Sky).......

If someone rings you up from a company making you an offer - always get their full name. If they won't give it to you, tell them that you cannot accept them as a bona-fide company representative, and hang up. At least is there is a dispute, you know who you were speaking to.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    There are or at least were companies that cold called SKY current and former subscribers on behalf of SKY, they acted as agents and then passed on the info to SKY. Now there are times that info in corrupted when passed onto the actual people who do the billing etc but no doubt shady and even dishonest practices by some reps are a reality:(

As Nick says a proper name, company ID and especially the offer sent in writing within the cancellation period for distance selling (does that apply for subscriptions?) should be expected from any legit company/offer.

4. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,186
    Yeah, thanks for the comments, I have learned my lesson. I wont be dealing with scumbags from sky that cold call me again.