I hate renting.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
I have decided to rent for 6m to a year whilst I look for the right place to buy. I won’t make the same mistakes as you though so thanks for the heads up. Being a landlord myself I expect all to be as honest as I am but obviously they are not.

Egg White

they're like car dealers - while there are some good ones around, just keep your wits about you and go in like a cynic.. :D

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I have decided to rent for 6m to a year whilst I look for the right place to buy. I won’t make the same mistakes as you though so thanks for the heads up. Being a landlord myself I expect all to be as honest as I am but obviously they are not.
If you are looking for a nice tidy little 2 bed in Kingswood to tide you over, then I can sort you out as one of my tenants is due to move out in the next week or so. ;)

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
We have looked at Kingswood but discounted more because of the access (traffic). But my friends partner lives on there so not totally discounted. PM me details and I will take a look. Thanks.

Cameron583

Update to my post above. They cancelled the claim!

Why?

So that they can put a new one in for more money :D

This time, they've mentioned that there's a sticker on one of the shelves of the fridge and want £10. They're also claiming that the light fixtures have been changed and want £60 for them. They're exactly the same as when I moved in, and the reason why I couldn't fit my own lampshades on...

They've also put a claim in for dry cleaning a pair of curtains that weren't used by me, and were already stained before I moved in

Crazy

Cameron583

I've just submitted a 60 page document containing all the evidence I'm submitting against the claim.

Might seem excessive for £250 odd, but I don't want him to get a penny, as he doesn't deserve any of it.

Let's see what happens :p

D

Deleted member 51156

Received a call from a landlady, combi boiler is making a racket when running hot water and heating. Ok I'll pop out, its Saturday, so diagnose only. Gets the go ahead, boiler fan gone, expensive repair, recommend new boiler. I suggest if I do the swap I'll not charge for the call out. She agrees, with my recommendations, then promptly disappears. :rotfl:
I've sent her a bill, disappear on that, because I'll enforce it just to piss her off. Hate dealing with landlords-ladys.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom