i hate blu-ray 3D movies with black bars top and bottom, why do they do it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari2600

Established Member
Reaction score
just want to let it out of my system :mad:

why do they keep making certain bluray 3d movies with black bars top and bottom for home use?

it is very annoying and distracting especially for 3D movies, becuase the screen isnt filled up, the special effects like fire ash, snow flakes floating ect you only get it till the picture ends and you have these big thick black bars top and bottom that take away alot of the picture and most of the 3d experiance.

the picture seems smaller when watching 3d and then for movie makers to record them with thick black bars top and bottom just makes the picture feel even smaller and like i said many times takes away the proper 3d experiance.

it is absolutley madness!

please stop it and reccord all bluray 3d movies in 16:9 so we get a full picture for home use.:lease:

it is very annoying and distracting especially for 3D movies the special effects like fire ash, snow flakes floating ect you only get it till the picture ends.

Doesn't that happen with your 16/9 discs too? It'd be pretty unusual if it doesn't.

Bri

to be fair, it now has a new "3D" twist to the question. ;)

I think the black bars should be 3D as well :)
Seriously though, has anyone watched a 3D subtitled (foreign) movie, are they making the subs 3D (I know it's not the original question, but thought I'd ask)?

Last edited:
I think the black bars should be 3D as well :)
Seriously though, has anyone watched a 3D subtitled (foreign) movie, are they making the subs 3D (I know it's not the original question, but thought I'd ask)?
I thought the subs were the best use of 3D in Avatar.

christ, again already??

why dont people understand that the ratio format wont fit on their screens hence the black bars

go buy a 21:9 if you don't like it, but wait, you'll just moan at black bars to the sides instead

I think he's saying if you are making a new 3D film shoot it to fill a TV screen, not adjust the size of existing films. FWIW I sort of agree, the best 3D experiences at home have been films that fill the while screen. Eg HTTYD, superb PQ (letterboxed) but not as good 3D experience as say tangled (full screen).

please stop it and reccord all bluray 3d movies in 16:9 so we get a full picture for home use.:lease:
The reason movies started being made so wide was to get you to go out and watch the film in a cinema!
The reason movies started being made in 3D was to get you to go out and watch the film in a cinema!

The reason Blu-rays started being made was to get you to stay in and watch a film!

Good point. I suggest the OP only buy "made for Blu-ray" films then!

Doesn't that happen with your 16/9 discs too? It'd be pretty unusual if it doesn't.

Bri

This

And if anyone knows of a setup that does the opposite, point me in the direction of it

Itd be like legal drugs

3D grain also looks awful! It's like a snowdome! :D

Just sit nearer the telly - hey presto no more black bars ;)

:boring: What a ****ing load of ********, go and start **** threads somewhere else.

Sorry, just wanted to ''let it out of my system''

I like the black bars, at least then i know im watching the movie how the director intended us to watch it :) ok i'll get my coat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom