I hate being poor ...

Very nice looking car but it has a tough act to follow, looks wise. Think i'd still take a Gallardo LP560-4. Staggeringly beautiful.

Nice, what about the new McLaren 650S? Not sure where it fits though as it's between the MP4-12C and the new P1.

BUT, I have to say for that new Lambo is the utter mutts nuts dogs danglies awesomeness ;)

The rear end is somehow very classic. Does look wide though?

Aventador for me. Or not, as I'm poor too!

Let's club together, buy one and share it....like a thoroughbred horse

Very nice looking car but it has a tough act to follow, looks wise. Think i'd still take a Gallardo LP560-4. Staggeringly beautiful.

I think the Gallardo, while once a great looking car, is now beginning to look very dated, particularly in comparison to the Huracan.

I'll take one in Verde Mantis, please...
;)

Let's club together, buy one and share it....like a thoroughbred horse

haha, well if sidicks gives us his S1 and GT3 money (if it hasn't caught fire!), I'll sell me ST, we may be halfway ish there? I guess we could all then just sell a kidney?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a pair of Mercedes-Benz that I'll donate........just need Force's Ferrari and dejongj's GL and we'll barely scratch the surface

At this rate we'll be looking at a 918 or P1 soon!

Nice, what about the new McLaren 650S? Not sure where it fits though as it's between the MP4-12C and the new P1.

BUT, I have to say for that new Lambo is the utter mutts nuts dogs danglies awesomeness ;)

The rear end is somehow very classic. Does look wide though?

I think the 650S is the replacement for the MP4-12C, I may be wrong though.

Always dreamed of owning a Lambo. Going back to the Countache and Diablo. Unfortunately, poor life choices and basically not being a genius has left me with needing a lottery win to realise my dream. Lol

I think the 650S is the replacement for the MP4-12C, I may be wrong though.

Yeah, I thought that, but it can't be as the 12C is only what, a year and a half old. And the way it seems to be placed is a middle model car. I guess you have to drive them to see the differences, I guess it's a bit tricky to separate your car range when the base one already does 200 and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds ish!

Yeah, I thought that, but it can't be as the 12C is only what, a year and a half old. And the way it seems to be placed is a middle model car. I guess you have to drive them to see the differences, I guess it's a bit tricky to separate your car range when the base one already does 200 and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds ish!

Surprisingly, the 12C has been in production for nearly 3 years now.

They need to sort out their naming convention, MP4-12C became the 12C, then they added the P1 and now the 650S, non of the names tie together or appears to make any sense, to me anyway.

The 650s is designed to give them a 3 car line up, sitting between the 12c and the P1. It is not intended as a 12C replacement.

For me the 12C showed that McLaren fundamentally didn’t understand the sports cars market, they tried and succeeded in producing a technically superb vehicle, but missed the whole point that these cars are mainly toys, and as such their primary function is about having fun and putting a smile on the drivers face. All the talk of the 650S having more emotion is about addressing that initial failure.

For me the 12C showed that McLaren fundamentally didn’t understand the sports cars market, they tried and succeeded in producing a technically superb vehicle, but missed the whole point that these cars are mainly toys, and as such their primary function is about having fun and putting a smile on the drivers face. All the talk of the 650S having more emotion is about addressing that initial failure.

Absolutely, pretty much every single 12C review was the same, car quick as **** but soulless and dull, the computer was FAR too controlling and you felt removed from the driving. They let the tech make the car, instead of hiding the tech and letting it compliment the driver.

Let's hope the 650S is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely, pretty much every single 12C review was the same, car quic as **** but soulless and dull, the computer was FAR too controlling and you felt removed from the driving. They let the tech make the car, instead of hiding the tech and letting it compliment the driver.
how much time have you spent driving the 12C...?

I think you are vastly exaggerating exactly what the reviews said!

how much time have you spent driving the 12C...?

I think you are vastly exaggerating exactly what the reviews said!

No I'm not, Clarkson didn't like it and it threw Tiff Neadle off the track. And they drive and test cars for a living.

What did Tiff Needell say as part of ECOTY 2012....?
:)

I've no idea, but in the video I posted he reflected what I said, post a link to what he said if you feel it contradicted his review on Fifth Gear.

I've no idea, but in the video I posted he reflected what I said, post a link to what he said if you feel it contradicted his review on Fifth Gear.

You claimed:
Absolutely, retty much every single 12C review was the same, car quick as **** but soulless and dull, the computer was FAR too controlling and you felt removed from the driving. They let the tech make the car, instead of hiding the tech and letting it compliment the driver.

And yet all you can provide is one review by Tiff, which is directly contradicted by his later review for ECOTY 2012. I've also provided a link to the CAR article which also provides a glowing report.

I''m quite happy to accept that some reviews might have criticised some aspects of the car, but in the main they were nitpicking - why it got 4 stars rather than 5.

Your claims are demonstrably incorrect.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom