Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

I got the Panasonic TH42PA20B. Is blurriness in dvd's normal?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by elitedono, Dec 24, 2003.

1. elitedono

elitedono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent really tinkered with the picture settings much. Picture quality of what i have seen isnt as bad as what i expected. But the dvd image quality isnt what i expected. Its only marginally better than digital tv :(

Watching two towers for example. Sam's face practically blurs if his face is moving not that far away( full body shot and some rocks). A scene where the sun shines in the snowy mountains looks pixely. :(

Not good. Am i expecting too much from plasma or can i fix this? Is it worth using the Star Wars EP2: clone wars dvd for picture setting?

2. jakefraser

jakefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check in the settings that you haven't got 'Wobble' mode on. This supposedly reduces the effects of screen burn.

Check that, and otherwise, you could check that all your connections and picture settings are at an optimum.

Merry Christmas!

Jake.

:)

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    See my post with comonent input problem - not if the same but basically if you pause on the dvd on a black background and look very closely at the screen can you see yellowish dots?

I had to move my component board from socket 2 to socket 1 - it maybe just a reseat of board not sure.