I got some Flickr favourites - yay!...oh :(

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just uploaded a few shots and got a spate (for me) of favourites :thumbsup:

Then a message which is even rarer :clap:
Subject: i love your photography!

Hi!
Tallenge is running a very exciting Landscape Photography contest. The participants, apart from gaining global exposure also get a chance to win the $200 cash prize. The fun part is that there is no registration fee. Your landscape photographs look remarkably great. I think you should give a try. Check out the contest here -> bit.ly/landscapephotographycontestFL
Regards, Diana
I replied briefly thanking her for getting in touch and the nice words "remarkably great" is high praise indeed! Then I checked out the site, googled it and decided it wasn't for me.
Buried in the small print it looks like by entering you give the site unlimited free use of your image, which looks to be what they do on Facebook - stamping their site name on the photos. The original photographers are at least are credited but not really for me.
Subject: Re: i love your photography!

Hi Johnny, nice to hear from you... It is indeed my pleasure to go through your wonderful works and to let you know about the contest. Hoping to see your entries to the contest soon. Much love, Diana
I'm not called Johnny :(

Good job I'm only taking pictures for my own entertainment :)

Now I must email that nice chap from Nigeria to see if I can help him with his inheritance problem...

I have just recieved a similar message for some of my macro shots. I think I'll give it try.

Hopefully the previous post is sarcastic because I'm guessing that there's very little chance of you or anyone else winning the $200 'prize money'. All that will happen is that you give them authorisation to present your images as theirs (with their watermark on them so nobody steals them...ironic).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom