Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

i got a free Graphics 801.. guess why..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by guydewdney, Sep 21, 2004.

1. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cos it doesnt work...

well - it does after a fashion.

problem 1) blue is now masssively brighter than the red or green. however, in my stupidity, when i got it, green was the brightest, so i swapped the HT leads on the ?eht? box from green to blue - to see if that was the prob.. well, it seems to have transferred the problem from over bright green, to over bright blue (yes, i swapped the leads back agian). currently, i have blue on the ?eht? module set on minimum, and red and green on max (or nearly)..

problem 2) the dreaded flyback lines - i assume from my research this is the RGB amp board / transistor / fet going down?

problem 3 - the picture 'shifts' or wobbles at about 1/4 hz up and down - on a 60" screen this is about 1/2" amplitude

have re-seated all modules and cables... jeez, you should have seen the smeg on the lenses :rolleyes:

so - onto its future - im thinking of re- housing it and turning into a std celing mount machine - is this wise? living room is 12 - 14 ft across (from seating to screen posistion)

my ht setup is as follows:-
    denon dvd 2800 dvd player
    nec 42mp2 plasma
    tivo (60 gb)
    $ky box
    yam rxv1200 rds amp
    elac fronts
    eltax mini everthing else (ex GF's choice :rolleyes: )
    tnt triple T audio cables

2. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The over bright raster may well be sorted by adjusting the G2 controls.
    John

3. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    g2 controls? i assume these are the 6 small colured knobs on the side, the top three (in my config) do the focus, the bottom 3 the brightness?

If so - then this is what i have already adjusted as mentioned above - the blue is set to minimum, whereas the grteen and red are at (near) maximum to compensate.

or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks for the response anyway.

guy

4. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i went over some of the connections on the back of the rgb amp board with a soldering iron, and hey presto - it works now.

so - onto problem 2 - the half hertz wobble...

any ideas?

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Good news on the picture problem, though I suspect you swapped the focus voltage small red leads rather than the EHT really big eht leads.

the wobble probably comes from video. Go into the random access menu and find the picture tuning option. If you have the option set the sync from slow to fast.

After that you need a line doubler.

6. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    doubt it - but nice idea - it wobbles from the internal test pattern, external pictures, genlocked patterens etc etc - even tried chaging the vert and horiz frequencies - no change at all...

yes - also did the slow to fast sync - no change, same thing on all inputs.

thanks for the input tho' mate

guy

7. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its also wobbling left right quite badly on source 4 (and i assume on the others...) same frequency ish

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    there are no motors of fans close to the projector (other than its own). PC resting on top etc?

After that I would start pointing at the power supply or the horizontal sync board.

One last thing pull all the connectors other than the mains and try an internal pattern just to make sure you don't have a funny sync coming from somewhere.

9. guydewdney

guydewdney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it does it with no sources connected - so horiz sync boad / power supply it is

as said earlier - it did it in previous place (a pub) and here (at home)

go round all the connections with a soldering iron i guess? which one is the sync board?

thanks agin mate - i owe you a pint or three...