1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up! Setting the 2805...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by swarrans, Nov 2, 2004.

1. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is going to make me the dimmest person on these forums, but I simply can't understand how to make the Denon 2805 "automatic" set up work! I (think) I've followed the manual, but when I plug the microphone in and then press the button to (I thought) make the system cycle through the speakers by playing white noise through each one in turn, nothing happens!

Any ideas what I've done wrong?....

I had a previous problem when I didn't get any sound at all which was "cured" by pressing the button to turn the speakers on, so this will give you a clue on my state of mental challenge!

Simon

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    May be an obvious thing but - when you are going to the auto setup option I assume that you are clicking left on the remote rather than the select/ok button? Sorry if this is insulting but it is what flumuxed me when I first attempted to set the thing up.

3. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You were spot on Astaroth - thanks!
    It seems so counter-intuitive to me to use the left cursor button for that function when the select button is used for every other operation, I'm not surprised "we" missed it! Looking back at the manual I can now see it tells you to do this, but I find I can only understand what the manual says after I understand the logic (if that makes sense!).
    My remore control seems to be very hit and miss (even when I press the correct button!) - sometimes it seems to send the command and sometimes not.

Anyway, happy now - thanks

Simon