1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I getting tired of this - Tosh 50" problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by matt janes, Feb 20, 2002.

1. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So it's been 2 weeks since i complained to QED that my 2 grand TV has ceased to work. And 6 calls to chase them up for an engineer to get round to my house to fix it. I'm passed anger now. Just tired.

Apparently, the first engineer they told to pay me a visit didn't do rear projection sets. Too big are they? Then why not tell someone upfront and stop wasting my time. So the second enginner has been called but they repeatedly try to contact me on a home number to arrange a visit, not appreciating that I have to work to pay for a 2 grand TV. So I wouldn't be at bloody home would I?

I know I'm not the only one who's experienced faults/repair problems. This industry is a complete farce. I work in the service industry and if my standards reflected theirs, I'd be fired.

To be fair to the call centre guys at QED, they're trying their best - just a shame the company's processes let them down.

And the set's bloody brilliant when it works....ho hum.

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long have you had the set ?

3. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all of 10 weeks. Packed up without warning. No longer have any picture or sound - looks like it's on standby but with no response from set or remote. I've seen posts from other owners (wh08b and wh18b) with an identical problem. Something to do with the IC board or teletext board. Did think about exchanging it for another model but it's a superb set in my opinion. And need to watch Liverpool win in Europe tonight in full 50" glory!!!

4. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I had my tv for just over a week and the convergence board broke. I refused to let them repair it and was given a new tv with no problem whatsoever after the engineer verified it. Obviously its a bit different for you as you've had yours 10 weeks. I would see what the engineer says. If he has to take it away ask him roughly how long a repair will take. If he says something crazy like 4-8 weeks then refuse the repair and demand a new tv from QED. Tell them you are not paying 2 grand for a repaired tv. When is the engineer due to come out ?

5. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    should be tomorrow, subject to them confirming time. I did ask QED to forward details of fault re IC board so hopefully he'll come equipped. I'm not going to accept any more bull**** so it's replacement or refund if there's likely to be any delay.

6. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup you've got to be firm, as I said you dont give away 2 grand of your money for nothing. Further delays for you are not acceptable.