I get my Freeview signal from the Nottingham transmitter and seem to have trouble receiving Quest HD. Anyone else?

Member 749941

Novice Member
I get my Freeview signal from the Nottingham transmitter and seem to have trouble receiving Quest HD. Anyone else? Like I have to do a few scans before it will pick it up

Last edited:

mikej

Have you received Quest HD in the past and if so, are you sure you're tuned in to the Nottingham transmitter ?

I'm on Winter Hill which transmits Quest HD (along with BBC 4 HD and others) on UHF 56 (COM8 or mux8) and, if the table at the bottom of this page is correct and up-to-date, the Nottingham transmitter doesn't transmit COM 8 so you won't have access to those channels from that transmitter.

If you're receiving COM 8 from a different transmitter and having problems, this could be down to both COMs 7 and 8 being transmitted at 1/4 of the power of the others - I have intermittent problems with these channels, being a long way from Winter Hill.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Quest HD aint transmitted from the Kimberley aka Nottingham transmitter.

Likely reception will be from Sutton Coldfield for that; or possibly Waltham?

Depends on LOCATION.
Use Help to get your predicted reception (go to the next <detailed view> page via the button for the full details.
Give a postcode of a nearby shop, pub, church or school - we don't want your exact address - so that we can advise more.

Aerial? Your own or shared (communal).
Where? Rooftop, loft or room?
etc.,. more info is needed.

TJT1

The rest of this story is on Hummy.tv