i get disconnected from live every time my brother signs in

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jacko4444, Jan 13, 2008.

1. jacko4444

jacko4444
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello every1, i am having a very annoying problem. when i am playing on xbox live and my brother signs in on his xbox i am guaranteed to get signed of every time. when i test the connection it sayins its an xbox fault. does anyone know why this is happen and know how to sort it out.
    thanks guys.

2. y2k

y2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Did you sign up with the same email address or something like that (dont know if you can though), everytime I signed into xbox live I used to get signed out of msn messenger on my laptop and signed into the msn on the xbox live until I turned the auto msn sign in of on the xbox dashboard.

3. jacko4444

jacko4444
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no we have different emails. it only started happenig over last week, it was fine before that. last week end i was having major problems getting on live and know alot of people was to. after that i couldnt sign in at all, then i reset my router and modem, then i could sign in but had the problem with when my brother signs on.

4. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    are you in the same house? if so it oculd be a problem with the router handling the NAT badly

5. L4_Isoside

L4_Isoside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Lol some how i'd of though so. Weird if he came back and said he was in different houses 0_o. (aha but still could be on the same connection...i'll get my coat)

Chris :hiya:

6. SamH182

SamH182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try going into your router settings and try assigning both 360s as an static ip
    when your brother signs in, it probably signs you out because its trying to use the same ip.

7. jacko4444

jacko4444
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do i have to have a dedicated ip address for each xbox and pc. if so how do i do that because i just tried but i could only change one address.

8. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    There are generally a couple of ways you can assign static IP addresses.

1. On the piece of equipment itself. So you would go to each PC/XBox and assign a unique address within your subnet - you can't do it centrally.

2. You can usually set the router up to always give a particular piece of equipment the same IP address. This is more tricky and depends what the router supports - so I'd go with step 1 :)

The best way to use static addresses is to set them up on each piece of equipment keeping them within a particular range.

So for example, keep your Router, PC's Xbox's between 192.168.0.1 -> 192.168.0.50

Then set the router to keep using DHCP, but to give numbers outside the range you have chosen so 192.168.0.51 in this example.

This will allow you to easily plug in anything else and it will use a higher number leaving your permanent kit alone.

In fact...
    if you currently have set a static IP up on each 360 - rather than using DHCP (where the router gives it an IP address) then if you have the same static address on each 360 this would freak it out and probably disconnect one of them. I'd be surprised if one of the windows PC's didn't freak out at that point and give a duplicate IP address on network error, unless the other conflicting xbox just disconnects really quickly.

9. jacko4444

jacko4444
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks alot mate that has helped alot, i dnt feel like cutting me brothers cable now.