I get a lot of things not recording!!!

malcky

Novice Member
as title, over the last week i have had a lot of things not recording with no explanation or error message like failed or crashed etc, just shows on planner as if still waiting for the programme to start???

anyone had this??

Tony Hoyle

Novice Member
Not that uncommon. It also deletes recordings without asking sometimes.

Another one is all your series links being replaced by 'Failed: Power Failure' - even ones in the future!

I keep a notepad with all my series links written down so if SkyHD nukes them I can reenter them. Doesn't happen *very* often (well, series links disappearing does but that's an old Sky+ problem) but it's worth having the backup.

Camel_face69

Standard Member
I also had this problem and is was because my viewing card was not paired correctly with the box. One call to Sky, they re-paired my card with my box and no problems since.

malcky

Novice Member
need to get on the blower to sky about this as its peeing me off now, dont think its a pairing problem as i have had things record ok, just seems to be random but have noticed it seems to be when 2 things need to be recorded at the same time, but again i have had 2 things recording before as well, just seems to be the last week or so this has started to play up???

one other thing, my other half said we had a power cut about 10 days ago, so wonder if that has put a glitch in the planner somehow???

BillJohnson

Novice Member
I've had the same problem, just over the last few days. For example, last night I set it to record the last two episodes of "Scrubs" and it ignored the first one and recorded the second one (which followed on from the first). Then for some weird reason it refused to obey the live pause command and although the pause symbol was displayed on the screen the programme kept running. A few nights ago I set it to record The return of Zorro and again it ignored it, and so on for several programmes, some HD and some SD.

Camel_face69

Standard Member
Is your problem limited to a handful of channels?

malcky

Novice Member
seem to have sorted it, i left hd box unplugged overnight and seems to be back to normal and recording everything on planner including 2 things on at same time.

BillJohnson

Novice Member
Same here. I left it unplugged for half an hour, but it shouldn't be necessary to do this and of course by the time you realise that it is neded you have already lost recordings.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom