I Feel Dirty!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by SILVERBACK, Oct 24, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    just played fifa 2005,AND ITS GOOD :eek: lol i cant believe it.i think there is also a few things that it has over pro evo aswell and im not talking about graphics music etc i mean gameplay :eek: need to lay down :eek:

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,464
    I know what you mean, its surprising. Overall though, Pro Evo 4 is far better than FIFA 05, gameplay and graphics wise. The player likenesses are much sharper on Pro Evo, and it plays a much more fluid game. But I do like FIFA set pieces, but thats probably only cos I'm crap at the Pro Evo ones! :D

3. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being a FIFA man myself, I'd agree this is the best yet. Although there are still a few quirks. But before you all tell me off for liking FIFA, I haven't any of the Pro Ev x's yet...although I have booked a copy...so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Per chance, does anyone know if Pro4 on the XBox support anything above 480p?

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,464
    Good to hear, you won't look back ;)
    I'd doubt it, as Xbox Pro Evo 4 been made primarily for the European market, and HiDef has been switched off on Eurpoean Xboxes :thumbsdow

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    The career option is brilliant isn't it?

I love how you build up stats!

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sorry I dont agree with this. I have been saying for a while Fifa 2005 is the better game. You cant be comparing these titles on the xbox as Fifa 2005 is clearly better in my opinion. Glad I am not the only one.... The graphics on pro evo on the xbox are absolutely rubbish in comparison to Fifa.

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    the xbox version isnt out yet but i agree the fifa games have always looked better imho its just that pro evo plays a lot better.after playing it for a few days now i have to say i still like it,its no pro evo but ist a lot better than 2004 one of my main gripes with fifa is the players still dont make runs like they do for you in pro evo.pro evo is still the game to own but fifa has atleast tried this time.

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The xbox version is available. There are arguments as to whether it is a beta version. We will see. THe xbox version I have played is absolute rubbish.

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    How can you not tell this xbox version is a beta? i mean come on now look at any xbox game and tell me it looks as bad as evo 4. it's a beta version for sure and the real thing will not look like that.

Also Harris i bet you can't find me one review thats says fifa 2005 is a better game than pro evo 4. ;)

10. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ok well that settles it does'nt it? right i wonder how much Game will give me for evo 4? then i can get fifa 2005. :rotfl:

12. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,464
    My comparison that you quote is between FIFA (Xbox) and Pro Evo (PS2). The in-game PS2 Pro Evo graphics are much better than Xbox FIFA. Both sharpness and player likenesses are far better in Pro Evo.

I cannot comment on Xbox Pro Evo as it hasn't been released yet in the UK and aside from reviewers for magazines, no-one has yet played a finished copy of Pro Evo 4 on the Xbox. No-one here (unless they are a reviewer for a magazine) is yet qualified to comment on the quality of Pro Evo 4 on the Xbox.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,370
    The X-Box version doing the Warez scene is a really old beta version and the final release will be much better graphically. There are loads of screenshots about now that show decent XBox graphics. Let's face it the quality will be at least as good as the PS2 version and that version looks & feels much better than FIFA 2005, especially when you patch it with the right kits, player names, stadia graphics (Advertising boards, flags etc), boots, crowd chants etc. The animation on PES4 is sublime and very realistic and is much better than the sluggish (PES1 level) animation on FIFA 2005.

Personally the only thing i'd say FIFA pips PES on is presentation. But what's the point in lavish presentation when all you want to do is get in and play a game! ;)

14. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I agree! I actually played FIFA 2005 on xbox and Pro Evo 4 on PS2 tonight both for the first time. Now, fifa has definitely improved in terms of gameplay but Pro Evo still feels better. The 'only' thing that is now going to swing me is the online play. Which will be better? Nov 11 will provide the answer :)

I'm so confused. :confused:

15. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,386
    :confused: In what ways exactly? "Absolute rubbish" is a rather strong statement, unless you're deliberately trying to wind people up? (that's not intended to bait you, just curious as to your reasons for thinking it's that bad). The version I've got plays like an utter dream...

I'm still buying this when it comes out, however I'm not convinced of the "it's a beta" argument: isn't the graphics engine one of the easiest things to do? They aren't exactly going to build one engine then do it again are they? Or use one set of textures only to re-do them for the finished product:confused: (or would they?)

IMHO those who have it have seen as near dammit the finished version, so don't get your hopes up.

Fingers crossed I am wrong, either way I'll be buying this!:D