1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want much...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GadgetObsessed, Sep 30, 2003.

1. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    ...just a DVD player cabable of PAL progresssive scan and that plays SACD and DVD-A and is £300 or under. I want something to go with my Panny 36PD30 TV.

There are a few DVD players that come close e.g. Pioneer 565 (only NTSC pro scan) or the Sony 930 (no DVD-A) The cheapest that I have seen that fits the bill is the Pioneer 757 but that is about £600

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Poloman

Poloman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon, the DVD-1400 is NOT progressive capable according to specs. The next model up is the DVD-2200 that most certainly is PAL/NTSC progressive, but the initial release price is coming in at about £500 in the UK. I expect this to come down to about £350-400 in the very near future. This is almost certainly worth waiting for as it is basically the same internal spec as the highly regarded DVD-2900. Other than that Pioneer are imminently releasing some universal players that might fit the bill. Not sure that decent universal players with PAL progressive will be hitting the £300 price point until early next year though! Check out the US sites for more details on the DV-2200 and new Pioneers...

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I stand corrected!
    Looks like you will have to wait garydhooper, unless you can get a HK DVD30 for the right money!!! But even that is not SACD compatible IIRC

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215