• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I Dont have a clue tbh

L

liammulcrow

Hi All

I am new to the forum, i have a problem!!I have been researching tv's for the last 2 weeks, I have a budget of £500, i know its not much but thats all i can afford tbh.

I would like a 46 inch tv that is reliable and with a good picture, thats all nothing special.

Any advise on which tv and provider would ge fantastic.

Thank You :confused::confused:

vickster

Distinguished Member
What is the use for the TV other than TV? Do you need a Freeview tuner - HD? How bright is the room? How far will you be sat from the TV? Do you plan to hook it up to a PC? Sport? Gaming? Blu-ray?

£500 is pretty limited for a 46" if you want bells and whistles...

Maybe look at (these are all outgoing 2010 models so may be restricted availability)...

Samsung 40C530 / C580 (LCD)
LG 47LD450/490 (LCD
Panasonic 46S20 (plasma)

Use Compare Prices - Find Best UK Deals when shopping Online - PriceRunner UK to check prices

I don't think there is a Sony in budget

L

liammulcrow

Hi

I am a single parent on a tight budget, I will be sat arounf 10-12ft away from the tv, i play x box on the tv thats all, i have virgin standard but sometimes watch catchup tv in HD as it is free, thanks for the advice so far i will take a look at the tv's :thumbsup:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Last edited:
L

liammulcrow

Thanks thats great, i had a look at the samsung one on Amazon for £499,

Which one is the best i.e for picture and life span

vickster

Distinguished Member
Last edited:
L

liammulcrow

I will look into the warranty but to be fair £500 is all i have :(

Thanks for your help Vickster i really appreaciate it :)

vickster

Distinguished Member
The C530 comes in under budget from RS with warranty. Do you have a branch nearby?

L

liammulcrow

Thanks alot you have been a great help, there is a branch in manchester which is only half hour drive. il update the thread when i get it,

:thumbsup:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Just call to check they have stock before you go. There is a branch in Preston too

L

liammulcrow

Just call to check they have stock before you go. There is a branch in Preston too

Good point i dont want to turn up and them not have it in stock, what a waste of petrol that would be ;)

there are 3 branches in Manchester so im guessing 1 of them will have the tv :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom