• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I don't get it! why have 2 or even 3 monitors in a setup ?

Whats the score with these 2 and 3 screen setups ? the reason I ask is I was looking to upgrade my 24" Dell to the 30" but if its ideal for gaming I might just buy another 24" and run them 2gther.

It would be 100% for gaming thou so would all games work with 2 or 3 monitors or is it just for driving games as a ruff guess ?

80% of my gameplay is Total war games so I thinking this would play great wth dual core as it will show a Huge battlefield ?

Just to add would 1 4870 x2 run dual monitors ?

Abbadonuk

Standard Member
Nope not all games are setup for multi monitor support, google Flightsim X, multi screen for shots of people running this on 3 monitor setups though.

Mind you, those people all have beards and spend more time reading manuals than playing games.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
a lot of games can be modded to support multi screen resolutions. Or even multi screen adaptation (ie have your clicky icons on one screen and the battle on the other). However, the only true reason to have multiscreen is for simulation games (ie car games or plane games) to represent a cockpit. Personally I'd rather just get a massive screen for most games.

stevos

Distinguished Member
I play world of warcraft and spend a lot of time alt-tabing to look up something or other (i.e. how to do a specific boss or quest etc) and so for me a duel screen setup would be ideal.

I would have Wow on one screen and google on the other

Razor

Distinguished Member
I use dual screens for work but never for gaming. World in Conflict supports dual displays. The 2nd display is used for the map.

darkryu

Standard Member
Only used Dual for my Photography work, have always found 1 larger screen better for gaming, but I can see the point of it for flight simulation games it does add to the effect/feel

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom