1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't get it, can you help me?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Solomon Grundy, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    I'm not an expert on computers, MP3's and the like but maybe someone could help please. I have a Creative Zen Touch which I have downloaded some music onto. Is is possible to transfer/copy these songs onto a CD which I can listen to in my car. My car stereo says it can play MP3 Format but when I tried it last night it wouldn't play the CD's...however when I put the CD into my computer I could listen to the songs via media player...

I think I have done something wrong but I don't understand what...the CD that I burned has 13 tracks on it but when I look at the disc only around 5mm has been used on its surface...I don't get it...am I storing the music on the CD in the wrong format and if so how doI change it. Thanks in advance for your help chaps. :smashin:

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How exactly did you get the 13 tracks from your Zen Touch to the CD that didn't work in your car? This might give a clue as to what's wrong.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming you've chosen the option in Nero,or iTunes or whatever, to create an mp3 CD (rather than an audio CD) then the CD should play in a player that boasts the ability to play mp CDs.

The fact that only about 5mm has been used on the CDs surface would suggest you have (an mp3 CD holds many more times the capacity of a conventional audi CD - as the mp3 files are compressed), although there's a possibility that you have simply created a data CD - not an mp3 CD.

4. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Hi, thanks for replying...I used the Media Centre program that came with the Zen. I moved the traks over to the playlist and then copied them into the "Burn CD" section, inserted a blank disc and hit the Burn Now button. It copied the tracks straight to the CD in a format which will play on the PC using either the Creative Media Centre, Real Player or Windows Media Player but not any of the CD players in the house or car.

5. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's your problem I expect. You'd be best to use a disc burning app that allows proper creation of mp3 CDs.

6. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    thank you...where would I find one of those? Will there be one on my PC already?

P.S. The Cd's aren't MP3 CD's just cheapo ones from Makro.

7. LordZero

LordZero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-prog.html --->it's trial version
    In nero choose the option Audio CD,drag&drop the mp3 files,and burn it.

8. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nero trial version, as already posted, or iTunes which is totally free and does the job of organizing your mp3 songs too if you want it to:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

There's no difference in raw CDs. The difference is in how the CD is burned by the program you use.

9. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Great, thanks for your help guys...