I didn't even know they could fly!

wotsupnow

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was at the Wild Boar Park near Chipping, Lancashire on Saturday, as we sat at a bench outside the cafe this bird flew onto the roof, so as I looked up "OVER THE EDGE" of the roof I took a photo, this is from some 50ft off with about 9x optical zoom and hand held! I don't expect to win (or even get a vote ......) but you have to check out the focus! BTW the park is great, you get to see wild boars in their natural habitat then go to the cafe and eat them! BRILL OR WHAT!

OK, sorry if you're a veggie, but then again we carnivores at least make sure our food is dead before we eat it............. :devil:

Fuji S5600 + circular polarising filter ( which I forgot to adjust, duh! )

ISO 100
aperture F3.2
focal length 63mm
shutter speed 1/184 sec
bird.jpg

I've only just noticed the photo link - I originally thought you'd forgotten it!
Good focus as you rightfully point out :)
Overall I find the blue sky takes something away from the blue in the peacock and the tree and moss distract a little. Maybe the whites look a little clipped too. But I like the angle of the birds head with the roofline - makes a nice triangle.

I've edited your post to embed the image mate, makes it easier for folks :D

As it seems to be getting forgotten I thought I'd selfishly bump it up the pecking order in the forlorn hope of getting my first ever vote in this competition.................. no? ok then , better luck next time :lease:

Right, back to the av forum bit , my wife has given go ahead to buy a 50" plasma so I need to see what's what...........

Pete

Comp hasn't closed yet Pete ;)

Closing it at 7ish then the voting takes place so make sure you come back and cast yours, remember no voting for yourself though :nono: :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom