I decided to get rid of the movies

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Sporran, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Sporran

Sporran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thought i would post this, seeing as i think i will definitely benefit.

Ive had Sky Movies for the last 3 years with the family package. But infairness i hardly watch any of the movies, spend most of my time on discovery. Anyway. After sky trying to persuade me not to cancel i decided too. And opted for the Block buster dvd deal thing. Still kept the family package though lol. :clap:

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/BandSignup/WhatsItAllAbout.aspx

Costs 13.99 per month, think the sky movies top is £16, you can choose an unlimited slection in a list, and when you start they send out 3 dvds for you to keep as long as you want. Once you watched a film send it back and the next film on your list is sent. But you can only have a max number of 3 dvds at 1 time. They even give you envelopes, free post to send em back ;)

Guess some of you will already have seen the adverts.

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Sporran,
    In your experience, how long does it take for a DVD to arrive after ordering it?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I have certainly been considering the blockbuster deal but I was a little concerned that they refused to state catagorically who would be liable if a DVD went missing or damaged in the post and that whilst they say they 'try' to give you your top choices of films they give no SLA on how often you will get them.

Still thinking but a little more relectant now

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I signed up for the Blockbuster free month trial at the beginning of December 2004. In that time I have had 3 DVD's "go missing", which were all replaced without fuss, but it did cause delays. One of the DVD's subsequently turned up, and the delays may have been due to the Christmas post delays.

I have also had a problem with scratched DVD's. When you return a DVD, there is a box to tick if you found the DVD to be damaged, but it seems that either people are not doing this, or people are doing this, and Blockbuster are not taking any notice. Also, do not be under the impression that the DVD's that Blockbuster send will come from anywhere near the top of your list.

Also, be aware that Tesco's also offer a similar service which is £1 a month cheaper, and you get Tesco points.

5. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I use www.lovefilm.com. They cost 14.99 a month. Never had any missing, never had any problems. They usually make sure you have 3 films at any time. You have to keep your queue contents at about 8 films.

6. Sporran

Sporran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    umm well i only manged to complete a hefty list day yesterday and got a mail today saying they have been dispatched. Hopefully tomorrow or monday at the latest :D

7. jugginsdarren

jugginsdarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I took this route with Screen Select as I got disappointed with the movies on sky.

The service has been faultless - 3 DVD as long as i like, return envelopes provided and over 22,000 titles to choose from.

All I do is throw them in the works post when I've finsihed with them and another arrives a couple of days later.

Very slick and great for watching some classic films you would find it hard to rent out.

I would throughly recommend any of these deals.

Cheers

Darren J

PS - SS - £14.99 per month.