I Care A Lot (Amazon Prime) Now Streaming

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Rosamund Pike's new film I Care A Lot has just dropped on Prime. Surprised there's not already a thread for it. It sees her legal conservator exploiting the elderly for financial gain, until she comes up against the criminal family of her new target...

Last edited:

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I thought I started one when I saw the trailer a few weeks back. Clearly not. Will check it out at some point.

dUnKle

First half good
Second half bad. Last 10 minutes or so, beyond awful

all the potential of an interesting con artist / revenge movie was ruined and it just went downhill fast

was really looking forward to this and left very disappointed

Garrett

First half good

all the potential of an interesting con artist / revenge movie was ruined and it just went downhill fast

Watched Mark Kermode review on the BBC and he did not I've it a bad review unlike a review he gave a Golden Globe nominated one with a tinge of vitriol.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Don't bother
Absolute, absolute garbage.
I'm not given to saying worst movie I've watched this year but for this I'll make an exception and put it into the worst movie I've seen in a decade category.

Last edited:

enigma1701

Don't bother
Absolute, absolute garbage.
I'm not given to saying worst movie I've watched this year but for this I'll make an exception and put it into the worst movie I've seen in a decade category.
You've obviously been living under a rock. There has been no end to awful movies recently and this couldn't be the worse one in the decade. David Copperfield would be an outright winner as the worst movie this side of forever.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
You've obviously been living under a rock. There has been no end to awful movies recently and this couldn't be the worse one in the decade. David Copperfield would be an outright winner as the worst movie this side of forever.
As opposed to you living under a bridge...
The operative words are 'I've seen'
Actually I liked David Copperfield and I found the hand coming through the roof masterful and made up for anything which followed.

enigma1701

As opposed to you living under a bridge...
The operative words are 'I've seen'
Actually I liked David Copperfield and I found the hand coming through the roof masterful and made up for anything which followed.
Yes perhaps I was a little strong last night with rocket fuel in my belly. But just goes to show the difference of opinions. I still stand by the David Copperfield comment though as it's gotta be (to me) the worst cast, written and directed film I've seen this decade. I can hold my hands up and say films "I've see". Wouldn't be fair to comment on ones I've not :)

Cobb

Distinguished Member
Watched this last night. I thought it was awful. It was only when I typed it in to Google this morning that I noticed it’s down as a Comedy/Drama :confused:

I didn’t laugh or even raise a smile once. A bitter pill to swallow for me. The only redeeming thing I took away from it was how good of an actor Peter Dinklage can be.

Gambit1977

First half good

Agree completely with this. First half was very good, but once it reaches "that point", it becomes an absolute mess.

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Watched it on Friday thought it was pretty good, the first quarter had me raging with hate for the villain of the piece mostly because I figured there must be some actual truth in the scam.

Second quarter was good to, you know this was coming from the trailer.

The last 20 minutes I am really not sure about, as a viewer I feel cheated but the more I think about the more you feel it's a metaphor for modern business, everyone is out to screw you and then they merge and screw you even more. So in that way actually pretty true to life.

The whole taking on the mob might have gone too far but to be fair the mob seemed pretty incompetent. How did they fail to kill two people?

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
The last 20 minutes I am really not sure about, as a viewer I feel cheated but the more I think about the more you feel it's a metaphor for modern business, everyone is out to screw you and then they merge and screw you even more. So in that way actually pretty true to life.

The whole taking on the mob might have gone too far but to be fair the mob seemed pretty incompetent. How did they fail to kill two people?
The primary business model of the mob is to be able to enforce their will by killing people.
As such the mob in the movie were totally incompetant and it was hard to see how they were still around when another primary business of a mob is to take over other mobs territory by force.
Roman's mob were so useless they would all have been found dead in a ditch long ago.

You can either view that as a metaphor for big everything being incompetent (big business. big pharma, big government) or just sloppy plot writing around a character with the biggest plot armour ever seen. I'm going with the latter.

Lalo Salamanca or Gustavo Fring would have made mincemeat of Roman and his mafia with Gustavo probably serving them up as Special of the Day in his taco restaurant. I'm mentioning these two as they are the villians in another take on the care home business but this time one which manages to succeed at comedy.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Very mixed Forum feelings on this one it seems.

Watched it last night. Didn't think it was too bad. Certainly at least on a par with a lot of Netflix originals.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I quite enjoyed this. Pike's performance is terrific and outdoes her Gone Girl role with possibly the the coldest character I've seen portrayed in years. Unlike for some, the ending worked very well imo. And I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning the wonderful Dianne Wiest. Quite shocking to see the dotty mum from The Lost Boys uttering the C word...😯

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Seems this is a more popular film (for good or bad) than Wonder Woman II. :D

Belzok

Not a good watch for me, maybe 4 out of 10.

last couple of minutes probably added half a point. Not even close to the likes of Gone Girl.

Russian mafioso have gone downhill in the killing and torturing specialties...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom