I Care a Lot (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

There are folk here who are complaining that it doesn't come up to the expectations that they were led to believe from reviews. Do reviewers rule what we are entitled to like or dislike? If Mr GGG here is so upset that he/she has been misled over a simple film then a booking to a consultant is in order. Give it a try, you might be entertained...I was.
Yeah, I haven't been so disappointed since I read the review for Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will saying it was about marching bands and discovering when watching it wasn't american college marching bands after all.... :(

Last edited:
Seems a very odd problem, guessing it must be down to the way Amazon package the video file as Greenland started to work after a week or so.

I have a Roku but it's not as good as the native app for Prime, and is terrible for Netflix thanks to the dodgy refresh rate they use.

Frustrating as my TV isn't that old and is better than a hell of a lot of TVs currently available.

It is an odd problem ? :(

So now it’s not a bad film, it’s a film that’ll incite violence against lesbians.
D983DDB4-85B8-47F8-BFB4-8929BC7DCF26.gif

Suppose it explains why I keep getting thrown out of supermarkets for smashing all the peaches with a hammer.

When you have fomer Hollywood stars like John Voight saying the recent USA election was 'abattle of righteousness versus Satan' it really is a time to look at what Hollywood is producing with a fine tooth comb.

Is that a joke? John Voight of all people. The loony Trump loving conspiracy theory peddling nutter.

I enjoyed it. Watched it in a double bill with Gone Girl on Saturday night. Worked well.

So now it’s not a bad film, it’s a film that’ll incite violence against lesbians.
Suppose it explains why I keep getting thrown out of supermarkets for smashing all the peaches with a hammer.
Are you a White Supremacist, Alt right, QAnon supporter?
If not, you are not the audience in question.

No
It is a bad film which may incite further violence against LGBT people by those in the alt right, White Supremacist, and QAnon spectrum and those close to it. This sort of thing
List of acts of violence against LGBT people - Wikipedia
or in detail
The attorney claimed that the couple's lesbianism was provocation that caused his client "inexplicable rage."
Murder of Rebecca Wight - Wikipedia

"no compassion" for lesbians
Murder of Roxanne Ellis and Michelle Abdill - Wikipedia

BTW what was the agenda you were accuseing me of having as a result of my spoilers in post #65
Starting to sound very much like there’s an agenda here. You’ve highlighted the fact far more in your spoilered post than they do in the entire film.
You seem to have gone rather coy about that now....

No
It is a bad film which may incite further violence against LGBT people by those in the alt right, White Supremacist, and QAnon spectrum and those close to it. This sort of thing
or in detail
The attorney claimed that the couple's lesbianism was provocation that caused his client "inexplicable rage."

BTW what was the agenda you were accuseing me of having as a result of my spoilers in post #65

You’re rather obsessing over something that’s fairly trivial within the film, ie the lesbianism.
I don’t recall any hate crimes carried out in the name of Basic Instinct or Bound, but maybe you enjoyed those films more and felt less need to spout nonsense about them.

Is that a joke? John Voight of all people. The loony Trump loving conspiracy theory peddling nutter.
Is what a joke? John Voights comments? or that it is worth keeping an eye on Hollywood folk for any agendas they may trying to push?

Last edited:
Watched it and enjoyed it but there again I do like Pike&Dinklage.
Strangely enough I don`t feel the need to go out and shoot any lesbians or give any short people an overdose before stripping them naked.

Gone Girl was a much better film Affleck,Pike&Barney(NPH) excellent trio.

Yeah I'd not looked at this thread for a wee bit....

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.jpg

Decent black comedy but I was disappointed we didn't get a sheeeeeeeeiiiiiitt from the judge! 6/10.

Decent black comedy but I was disappointed we didn't get a sheeeeeeeeiiiiiitt from the judge! 6/10.

LOL .... does the actor (Isiah Whitlock) try to say that line in every movie and tv show do we know? Apart from The Wire obviously, I noticed that he also said it in 25th Hour and BlackkKlansman.

Did people also see the similarity between I Care A Lot and Layer Cake (a fantastic movie btw)...without giving too much away?

Last edited:

No
or in detail

Do we really want to be going down this road? If you take this type of scrutiny to the nth degree then surely many movies wouldn't make it to our screens? There are nutters out there who cannot differentiate between movies/tv shows and real life and/or get ideas from them but you can't just stop making movies because of them.

I thought it was a decent enough film in a period when Hollywood blockbusters are going to be short in supply and I'm pleased to see any new film on at least a monthly basis. It was seven for me .

No
or in detail

Take your agenda somewhere else. You can open a topic about this over in the lifestyle section; if you have an important point to raise, why not make it there. All I'm getting from you on this (still haven't seen the film) is that you shouldn't portray certain identity groups in a negative light, which is utter nonsense. Any kind of person can do bad things.

The members of the LGBT community that I know and love don't need your protection from films.

Mod comment
Enough of the politics and finger over thread ban button for next person to take the thread off topic.
This is the second thread been taken way off course by it in the last few days with personal agendas.

Mod comment
Enough of the politics and finger over thread ban button for next person to take the thread off topic.
This is the second thread been taken way off course by it in the last few days with personal agendas.
Is it still OK to link a video review of it? Just want to be sure :)

You know I'd written this film off completely, now I'm feeling the urge to watch it given all the fuss :laugh:

Perhaps there's a method in their madness....

Last edited:
You know I'd written this film off completely, now I'm feeling the urge to watch it given all the fuss :laugh:

If you don't watch it you are missing out on the best film ever.
If you do watch it don't blame me 🤷‍♂️
Hope that clears it up for everyone.

You could be watching celebrity big brother dancing on ice in essex instead.

Is it still OK to link a video review of it? Just want to be sure :)
If you normally post it and not promoting any agenda, yes.

When it comes to things like movies I always say that everyone should watch and make up their own minds. We all have different tastes and we're all looking for different things in our movie experiences; that means that one person's 2/10 film can be someone else's 9/10.
I didn't think this one was a stinker, but it wasn't amazing either. I don't regret watching it, but I also won't be watching it again. It was just somewhere in the middle.

When it comes to things like movies I always say that everyone should watch and make up their own minds. We all have different tastes and we're all looking for different things in our movie experiences; that means that one person's 2/10 film can be someone else's 9/10.
I didn't think this one was a stinker, but it wasn't amazing either. I don't regret watching it, but I also won't be watching it again. It was just somewhere in the middle.

Most certainly. My post was just based on what I was seeing with regards the subject matter (which I won't elaborate on as Garrett has already stomped his boots there), which was slightly intriguing me to investigate.

However I do normally put a lot of stock into what the review guys here write, so with regards this one I am going to let it go. Plus what others have said too. I think I can find something else from my list of about 500 films to watch instead.

And that's before I even get to the TV stuff! :)

Just finished this.

Sort of half enjoyed it but spent most of the time just wanting someone to kill Pike and her GF, not because they were lovers, but because they were just horrible, evil people.

Agree with Cas' 5/10, even that is being generous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom