I can't get GBNEWS on freesat. Help.

Jules24

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all. New here.

I have a Goodmans freesat box.

I can't see gbnews channel 216 on my freesat tv guide. It only goes up to channel 215. I have retuned the box and swithched it off/on several times, but still no channel 216. I can see all the other news channels listed on the freesat website.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Try channel 200.

Vin Blanc

Thanks all.

Channel 200 is bbc news Vin Blanc.

Rodders53.
My box is a goodmans gfsat101SD. So you seem to have answered my question. I didn't realise that I had to have a newer box to get HD. That's annoying as I'm not really bothered about not having HD.

But oddly I can get CNN on channel 207, which is described as HD in the channel guide. And according to the information panel that's an HD service. So I'm a bit confused.

Attachments

• 20210615_103341.jpg
    20210615_103341.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 45
But oddly I can get CNN on channel 207, which is described as HD in the channel guide.
That is a SD only box.

CNN has SD on 11.081 GHz, H and HD on 11.671 GHz, H transponders to cater for older boxes like yours. The same Logical Channel Number is often assigned to the one the box can display (SD or HD). The same content and EPG listing data will be used - just that the SD version is down-scaled from the HD stream from the broadcaster's playout.

e.g. Channel 5 is HD on my 105, but SD on your 105.

EDIT: TBF I think GB News is unique in not emitting a SD version of the HD channel. A lot of old $ky digital boxes were SD-only and (allegedly) remain in use today. $ky are obviously happy to have it not available to some users, as it's on their EPG as well as the freesat EPG. In other times they may have refused carriage without that, I think?

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Channel 200 is bbc news Vin Blanc.

Rodders53.
My box is a goodmans gfsat101SD. So you seem to have answered my question. I didn't realise that I had to have a newer box to get HD. That's annoying as I'm not really bothered about not having HD.

But oddly I can get CNN on channel 207, which is described as HD in the channel guide. And according to the information panel that's an HD service. So I'm a bit confused.
Hi there, If you're looking for a Freesat box which will show HD channels, Argos are selling the Manhattan SX Freesat HD box for £49 just now.
It's a good little Freesat receiver box (doesn't record though)

Sorry, I did'nt read the post properly.

Just opened GBNews in HD on Freesat channel 216.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Vin Blanc

Thanks Rodders53, that explains it then.

Thanks Greyhound, I'll take a look at that.

No problem Vin Blanc. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom