1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant decide on Projector and screen ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DodgeTheViper, Jun 14, 2005.

1. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,881
    I'm just having an extension to my house completed and at the same time i've been burying all the video feeds, and speaker cables etc into the walls.
    I'm now at the point where i need to be buying the projector and screen, and the DVD player.

I've been reading loads of stuff on here, and in the usual magazines. I feel at this point i've ben reading too much......lol, and now i cant make my mind up. Maybe i'm starting to over analyse thinngs, i dunno !

Anyway, the room is approx 15.5' x 12'. My viewing distance from the screen will be approx 10'. The projector will be ceiling mounted, in the centre directly opposite the screen, approx 12' away.
    I'm guessing i'll be OK with a screen thats got a 7' - 8' viewing area, wether thats a straight measurement or diagonal. it'll be a manual screen by the way, placed in front of a window, with black out curtains.

My thoughts on projectors have been, Panasonic AE700, Infocus 5700, and 1 or 2 other Themescene models. I have been reading on pros and cons of LCD and DLP, and now cant decide !!! Budget £2000

Dvd player looks likely to be a Denon 3910 MR. Budget £700 or so.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kev

2. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,881
    Oh well, i guess i'll be deciding for myself.

3. moosie

moosie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spending a little more on the projector and a little less on the dvd player. Pixmania are selling the Samsung HD850 (with HDMI ) for €120 which I think is about £80. Blue Ray and HD DVDS will be all the rage in 12 months time and we might be tossing the players we have.
    Me I've just gone for a BenQ PE7700 projector ( about £1400 ) and screen/mount for about £300 extra.

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I think with a 2K budget (for the PJ alone I'm assuming?) the usual suspects are the likes of the Themescene H57, Benq 8700, Screenplay 5700, sony HS50.

Panny 700 is a good PJ but is not quite in this league....PJ :)